Next up:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@Texas A&M
Thursday 12/29/2016
7pm EST (originally scheduled for 9pm)
SEC Network

Last edited:
Would be nice to steal this one. We still owe them from a few years back.

If Bone is on schedule he should be back. TN has maybe with stood being short their point guard. Didn't lose any they were supposed to win while he was out. No telling if Bone would have been the difference for the win at UNC or versus Gonzaga. The upside is that Turner, Phillips, and Parker got a lot of experience filling in at the PG.

I'm really surprised that Schofield hasn't stepped up with the minutes made available with the Fulkerson injury. Where did the Schofield from a year ago go? Was he playing primarily playing the 3 last year and he can't play the 4? In this offense it seems like the 4 handles the ball while the 3 spots up or slices through the paint. Maybe Hubbs, Mostella, Turner, Phillips, and Bowden are all better options playing wing and Parker will get off ball minutes too with Bone back.

I don't think we'll get this one. Hopefully we'll keep it close. Can't wait to cheer them on either way.
GO VOLS!!

I don't think we'll get this one. Hopefully we'll keep it close. Can't wait to cheer them on either way.
GO VOLS!!

I agree unfortunately. They're just too big. UTs main advantage will be their guard play tho. The couple of times I've watched A&M play this year, their guard play has been horrible. imo

UT has to take advantage of that to have a shot.

Truthfully I expected ETSU to be too much on the road.
Now, I don't believe anything is impossible for these guys.
True grit, never quit.

I never thought we could hang with Carolina at their place. Or with Wisconsin, Oregon and Gonzaga on a neutral floor. But what scares me is these guys haven't had that game where they just couldn't hit anything. But I'm confident Barnes will have these guys prepared.

I'm really surprised that Schofield hasn't stepped up with the minutes made available with the Fulkerson injury. Where did the Schofield from a year ago go? Was he playing primarily playing the 3 last year and he can't play the 4? In this offense it seems like the 4 handles the ball while the 3 spots up or slices through the paint. Maybe Hubbs, Mostella, Turner, Phillips, and Bowden are all better options playing wing and Parker will get off ball minutes too with Bone back.

THIS! If Schofield from last year was playing, we would have at least one or two more W's right now.

THIS! If Schofield from last year was playing, we would have at least one or two more W's right now.
I think Williams just solidifies that position more than what Schofield was providing. Last year's Schofield provided "easy downlow" baskets and the occasional 3. This year, we already have players who can make that shot down low (Evans/Williams/Fulk) and we don't need Schofield's 3 pt game bc we have good shooters this year.

I do wonder why Evans plays over Schofield.

I think Williams just solidifies that position more than what Schofield was providing. Last year's Schofield provided "easy downlow" baskets and the occasional 3. This year, we already have players who can make that shot down low (Evans/Williams/Fulk) and we don't need Schofield's 3 pt game bc we have good shooters this year.

Evans has started rebounding. schofield still doesn't.

Well said....I just felt like Admiral was going to be a leader for us this year, but I couldn't have been more wrong.

Next up:
Arkansas at the TBA
Tuesday 1/3/2017
6:30 EST
SEC Network

Next up:
@ Florida
Saturday 1/7/2017
5:15. EST
ESPN2
The only regular season matchup this year

Still 7 games away, but Kansas State is looking good. They almost beat #3 Kansas last night and beat Shaka the game before. Only other loss was to Maryland. Only two losses, both by one point.

VN Store

Back