4927 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Official TN v next team up pre-game Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 12-27-2016, 01:10 PM   #16
cwbytruckers

Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game
I never thought we could hang with Carolina at their place. Or with Wisconsin, Oregon and Gonzaga on a neutral floor. But what scares me is these guys haven't had that game where they just couldn't hit anything. But I'm confident Barnes will have these guys prepared.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-27-2016, 02:16 PM   #17
A-RodWiLks
Inky knows Best

Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game
Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
I'm really surprised that Schofield hasn't stepped up with the minutes made available with the Fulkerson injury. Where did the Schofield from a year ago go? Was he playing primarily playing the 3 last year and he can't play the 4? In this offense it seems like the 4 handles the ball while the 3 spots up or slices through the paint. Maybe Hubbs, Mostella, Turner, Phillips, and Bowden are all better options playing wing and Parker will get off ball minutes too with Bone back.
THIS! If Schofield from last year was playing, we would have at least one or two more W's right now.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-27-2016, 02:47 PM   #18
iKrager

Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game
Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-RodWiLks View Post
THIS! If Schofield from last year was playing, we would have at least one or two more W's right now.
I think Williams just solidifies that position more than what Schofield was providing. Last year's Schofield provided "easy downlow" baskets and the occasional 3. This year, we already have players who can make that shot down low (Evans/Williams/Fulk) and we don't need Schofield's 3 pt game bc we have good shooters this year.

I do wonder why Evans plays over Schofield.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-27-2016, 03:12 PM   #19
calban
17-18 Return to Relevance

Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game
Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game
Quote:
Originally Posted by iKrager View Post
I think Williams just solidifies that position more than what Schofield was providing. Last year's Schofield provided "easy downlow" baskets and the occasional 3. This year, we already have players who can make that shot down low (Evans/Williams/Fulk) and we don't need Schofield's 3 pt game bc we have good shooters this year.

Evans has started rebounding. schofield still doesn't.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #20
Thunder Good-Oil

Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game Official TN v next team up pre-game
Quote:
Attitude very likely. Evans is probably doing exactly what he's being asked (told) to do. Also, maybe Evans performs better in practice.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-27-2016, 03:33 PM   #21
cwbytruckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
Evans has started rebounding. schofield still doesn't.
This^^^^^
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-28-2016, 11:29 AM   #22
A-RodWiLks
Inky knows Best

Quote:

Well said....I just felt like Admiral was going to be a leader for us this year, but I couldn't have been more wrong.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-31-2016, 10:54 PM   #23
Thunder Good-Oil

Next up:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Arkansas at the TBA
Tuesday 1/3/2017
6:30 EST
SEC Network
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2017, 07:38 PM   #24
Thunder Good-Oil

Next up:
@ Florida
Saturday 1/7/2017
5:15. EST
ESPN2
The only regular season matchup this year
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2017, 07:43 PM   #25
Thunder Good-Oil

Still 7 games away, but Kansas State is looking good. They almost beat #3 Kansas last night and beat Shaka the game before. Only other loss was to Maryland. Only two losses, both by one point.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2017, 04:15 PM   #26
Thunder Good-Oil

Next up:
USCe at the TBA
Wednesday 1/11/2017
SEC Network

Odd start time again for the SEC Network
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2017, 04:18 PM   #27
Thunder Good-Oil

TN is looking at a potential 3 game losing streak that could stretch to 10 or more. Somebody needs to step up. Hubbs? Mostella? Williams? Schofield? Where's Phillips? None of the four freshmen guards (Bone, Parker, Turner, Bowden) have looked like they're anywhere close to being a difference maker and able to elevate the team. Alexander isn't ready to be a game changer (except for sometimes protecting the rim) and Evans is just a role player. Hubbs really needs his fire lit up if TN has any chance at the NIT. The point guards have to start making getting the ball into Hubb's hands their primary focus.

This can get real ugly real quick.

Last edited by Thunder Good-Oil; 01-09-2017 at 06:10 AM..
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2017, 04:35 PM   #28
GBO18
Legend in the making.....

Quote:
TN is looking at a potential 3 game losing streak that could stretch to 10 or more. Somebody needs to step up. Hubbs? Mostella? Williams? Schofield? Where's Phillips? None of the four freshmen guards (Bone, Parker, Turner, Bowden) have looked like they're anywhere close to being a difference maker and able to elevate the team. Alexander isn't ready to be a game changer (except for sometimes protecting the rim) and Evans is just a role player. Hubbs really needs his fire lit up if TN has any chance at the NIT. The point guards have to start making getting the call into Hubbs hands their primary focus.

This can get real ugly real quick.
Lulz no chance they lose 10 games in a row. Good grief.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2017, 06:14 PM   #29
iKrager

Quote:
Next up:
USCe at the TBA
Wednesday 1/11/2017
SEC Network

Odd start time again for the SEC Network
I think they want games ending earlier for students. A complete guess/assumption. Either that or some weird TV negotiation thing.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2017, 06:37 PM   #30
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
I think they want games ending earlier for students. A complete guess/assumption. Either that or some weird TV negotiation thing.
I'd guess making the prime time game start and end earlier could garner better ratings for the later game.
Reply With Quote TOP