The Rotation

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
This is what, after eleven games of basketball and SEC play starting in less than two weeks, should be IYAM.

PG- Bone 25/Parker 10/Turner 5
SG- Phillips 20/Mostella 15/Turner 10
SF- Hubbs 20/Bowden 20
PF- Williams 20/Hubbs 10/Schofield 10
C- Alexander 20/Williams 10/Evans 10

I have no clue how you handle the guard rotation right now.

This is what, after eleven games of basketball and SEC play starting in less than two weeks, should be IYAM.

SF- Hubbs 20/Bowden 20

5 minutes too many on the bolded, assuming 5 get taken from Turner...

Williams- 30
Hubbs- 30
Bone- 25
Bowden- 20
Alexander- 20
Phillips- 20
Mostella- 15
Parker- 10
Turner- 10
Schofield- 10
Evans- 10

IMO Phillips needs 25, and Bowden maybe a couple more minutes as well. I also think Turner needs more than 10mpg, I would go...

PG: Bone 25/ Turner 15
SG: Bowden 22/ Mostella 18
SF: Hubbs 15/ Phillips 25
PF: Williams 15/ Hubbs 15/ Schofield 10
C: Alexander 20/ Evans 10/ Williams 10

Hubbs: 30
Bone: 25
Williams: 25
Phillips: 25
Bowden: 22
Alexander: 20
Mostella: 18
Turner: 15
Evans: 10
Schofield: 10

Winn Fulk out and not getting much from Evans/Alexander I may try some 4 guard...

Bone 25/ Parker 15
Turner 20/ Mostella 20
Phillips 22/ Bowden 18
Hubbs 30/ Schofield 10
Williams 25/ Alexander 8/ Evans 7

I just love to watch this team...the saying "give your all for Tennessee"...is what they embody...without a lot of perimeter "hitting" it's gonna be tough to compete with the big boys down low...and, always...

PS. hard to measure the heart...:)

GO VOLS!

I just love to watch this team...the saying "give your all for Tennessee"...is what they embody...without a lot of perimeter "hitting" it's gonna be tough to compete with the big boys down low...and, always...

PS. hard to measure the heart...:)

GO VOLS!

Fortunately most of the rest of the opponents on the schedule won't have the big boys down low anywhere close to what Gonzaga has. Grant Williams makes Tennessee competitive with most of the SEC.

SF- Hubbs 20/Bowden 20

If you think Alexander is starting, you've lost your f'n mind. Guy is a waste of space. Did absolutely nothing in the off season to bulk up. Timid. Put his height on Williams and you have a one and done.
This will be a 4 gaurd team with no true center.

Reactions: 1 person
Fortunately most of the rest of the opponents on the schedule won't have the big boys down low anywhere close to what Gonzaga has. Grant Williams makes Tennessee competitive with most of the SEC.
Seemed like they were intimidated by the height in this game and started settling for 3s. Gonzaga only had 4 blocks though.
You're right about the SEC. There are some decent front courts, but nothing like that.

If you think Alexander is starting, you've lost your f'n mind. Guy is a waste of space. Did absolutely nothing in the off season to bulk up. Timid. Put his height on Williams and you have a one and done.

Oh. I guess I imagined those six boards and two blocks along with an and-1 he had in less than ten minutes. Sily me

Seemed like they were intimidated by the height in this game and started settling for 3s. Gonzaga only had 4 blocks though.
You're right about the SEC. There are some decent front courts, but nothing like that.

Maybe only four blocks but you're right they were concerned with height and altered many of their shots. It was obvious they were overly conscious of it.

Oh. I guess I imagined those six boards and two blocks along with an and-1 he had in less than ten minutes. Sily me

Looks like he got just under 20 minutes, but I agree with your position. He is working harder than last year to gain position and looking for his shot more. That quick jump hook he tried in the 2nd half, though not making it, was a good sign. imo He's just got to keep busting butt to gain block out position, cause whether he blocks a shot or not he contests and affects a lot of shots when hes in there. But I can tell the game is slowing down for him and he is working harder to be in better positions.

UTvsZagsboxscore.png

That seems very dramatic with the possible exception of your comment regarding Williams with Alexander's height. Alexander is noticably more muscular and he is making a much larger impact in games than he did last year.

Kid has played less than 4 years of basketball, and he's being asked to play at the high-major level. Scoring will be the last thing to come for him, and it may be another year before it does.

? Alexander is ripped compared to when he got here.. He has a slender frame, I would be surprised if he got significantly bigger.

Looking at the stats with all OOC games now played, and assuming Bone is back, I'm guessing...

Bone 20/ Parker 15/ Turner 5
Phillips 10/ Mostella 20/ Turner 5/ Bowden 5
Hubbs 10/ Phillips 15/ Bowden 15
Williams 20/ Hubbs 20
Alexander 22/ Evans 13/ Williams 5

Overall minutes:
Hubbs 30
Williams 25
Phillips 25
Alexander 22
Bone 20
Mostella 20
Bowden 20
Turner 10
Parker 15
Evans 13

Don't think we see too much of Schofield going forward except for foul trouble

Looking at the stats with all OOC games now played, and assuming Bone is back, I'm guessing...

Williams 20/ Hubbs 20

Overall minutes:
Hubbs 30
Williams 25
Phillips 25
Alexander 22
Bone 20
Mostella 20
Bowden 20
Turner 10
Parker 15
Evans 13

Based on CRB patterns and how the team has played so far, Schofield will start at A&M and score 25 points.
It has been a different guy every game. If we ever get consistent we will win some games.

Based on CRB patterns and how the team has played so far, Schofield will start at A&M and score 25 points.
It has been a different guy every game. If we ever get consistent we will win some games.

Schofield has yet to really have a game, if you look through game logs the same guys have played...who has started has changed, but for the most part outside of injuries it's been the same guys.

Schofield didn't really seem to embrace Barnes' desire to play him as a 4/5.
He's tried him as a 3 and he's been even less effective.
The guards are out rebounding him on a consistent basis.
Not likely his minutes will increase.

Adding Bowden and Turner with Mostella and Hubbs not tanking and Phiilips playing solid pretty much ends Schofield's chances to play on the perimeter... except if he were to be the 4 he'd be in the paint on defense and at the free throw line area on offense drawing a big defender away from the basket. If he doesn't care to buy into that concept then he should transfer down to a mid-major or below or just be a tight end, linebacker, or defensive end. He's not at his best playing as a guard in a P-5 or high mid-major.

Adding Bowden and Turner with Mostella and Hubbs not tanking and Phiilips playing solid pretty much ends Schofield's chances to play on the perimeter... except if he were to be the 4 he'd be in the paint on defense and at the free throw line area on offense drawing a big defender away from the basket. If he doesn't care to buy into that concept then he should transfer down to a mid-major or below or just be a tight end, linebacker, or defensive end. He's not at his best playing as a guard in a P-5 or high mid-major.

I agree. Like to see him as a tight end.

Needs to stay at 4. Rebound, score garbage, step out for mid range jumpers occasional three, and be a general physical nuisance. Perfect body type and decent shot. It's not rocket science.

Williams 20/ Hubbs 20

Overall minutes:
Hubbs 30
Williams 25
Phillips 25
Alexander 22
Bone 20
Mostella 20
Bowden 20
Turner 10
Parker 15
Evans 13

I can see either, Bone getting a lot of minutes right away, or he might have to work his way into rotation again. Turner/Parker have been killing it lately, so I wonder how much that goes into play with Bone's minutes. Before Bone was injured, Turner and Parker weren't very relevant.

Too many minutes for Alexander. Even tho he deserves them. Mostella closer to 25-30mpg and Phillips closer to 20. Phillips has fallen off these last few games, and his role as PG has shrunk with Parker/Turner/Mostella playing PG.

VN Store

Back