Next 8 games...

bleedingTNorange

Decide how this season is going to go IMO, sucks that we likely will be without Fulkerson for that stretch and Bone for some of it as well.

Per rpiforecast which uses Jeff Sagarin'a predictor model, the Vols are underdogs in their next 8 games, opposite of sports betting - resembles underdog per his model.

N Gonzaga -11.8
@ ETSU -3.4
@ Texas A&M -7.6
Arkansas -1.1
@ Florida -12.7
South Carolina -4.2
@ Vanderbilt -2.7
@ Ole Miss -0.5

IMO these 8 games will be the tone setter for how the season goes heading into a much easier second half of the SEC schedule. If the Vols could go 3-5 over the next 8 you have to take that as a major positive IMO.

We have a good chance to win all of those game, IMO. It's just putting it all together for a full game. Give me Lamonte/Phillips/Parker over any other guards in the sec that's not from ky.

The game I feel best about has us as 12.5 dogs. lol

Who's your daddy, Florida? Say it say it!!!

ETSU just beat Mississippi State 67-65, FWIW

they're not too shabby...reminded me of when we played Chatty...we'll see...no more expectations in any sport for me...no more hype trains...please...from now on out...just enjoying the ride...:)

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 1 person
Decide how this season is going to go IMO, sucks that we likely will be without Fulkerson for that stretch and Bone for some of it as well.

Per rpiforecast which uses Jeff Sagarin'a predictor model, the Vols are underdogs in their next 8 games, opposite of sports betting - resembles underdog per his model.

N Gonzaga -11.8
@ ETSU -3.4
@ Texas A&M -7.6
Arkansas -1.1
@ Florida -12.7
South Carolina -4.2
@ Vanderbilt -2.7
@ Ole Miss -0.5

IMO these 8 games will be the tone setter for how the season goes heading into a much easier second half of the SEC schedule. If the Vols could go 3-5 over the next 8 you have to take that as a major positive IMO.

I think we take: ETSU, Arky, South Carolina, Ole miss, and good posibility of 1 more!! This team don't quit, plays hard and takes good constructive criticism form Barnes. If and when Fulky and Bone gets back we will pretty good. As Hubbs goes we go I think!:loco::loco:

There will be a lot of orange in the stands for that one. And we all know SD will be there making some noise for his Vols.
It will be 80 per cent blue and gold. I bought my tickets in August and they were 75 percent gone. PS I of course will pull for my alma mater Bucs even against UT. But I have also been a bigger Vols fan on the grand scheme of things since I was a kid. I want nothing but success for UT. However, the school that gave me my education and career happens to be important to me. Some folks don't seem to feel that way but it's called loyalty!

Last edited:
I'd have more confidence in this stretch if Bowden and Turner hadn't taken a small step backwards against Tech. And of course Fulkerson's elbow.

I'd have more confidence in this stretch if Bowden and Turner hadn't taken a small step backwards against Tech. And of course Fulkerson's elbow.

Freshmen are going to be up and down all year. Just hope Hubbs is consistent and we get Bone back. I think those will be the 2 most consistent players throughout the season. Never in my life would I have ever thought I'd say that about Hubbs.

Alexander has to step up with Fulkerson out at least 6 weeks.

I think we take: ETSU, Arky, South Carolina, Ole miss, and good posibility of 1 more!! This team don't quit, plays hard and takes good constructive criticism form Barnes. If and when Fulky and Bone gets back we will pretty good. As Hubbs goes we go I think!:loco::loco:

Why not Vandy??? Lol they suck this year

N Gonzaga -11.8
@ ETSU -3.4
@ Texas A&M -7.6
Arkansas -1.1
@ Florida -12.7
South Carolina -4.2
@ Vanderbilt -2.7
@ Ole Miss -0.5

I was wishfully thinking 3-5, Vols are 2-1 through the first 3...they may surpass even my orange tinted hopes!

Already won 2 I thought were sure losses.

Vols stole one tonight, definitely not a game anyone expected, or any computers predicted. If Vols can go 4-4 over those 8 (2-3 remaining 5), they'll find themselves in position to make a big run to close the season and could find themselves in some postseason conversations.

Vols stole one tonight, definitely not a game anyone expected, or any computers predicted. If Vols can go 4-4 over those 8 (2-3 remaining 5), they'll find themselves in position to make a big run to close the season and could find themselves in some postseason conversations.

Very impressive.

I agree, though I don't think I'd call that one a theft. Nothing sneaky or fluky about the way we laid the wood to that team. I don't think I've ever seen a guy with that much height disparity dominate down low the way Williams did on defense. I kept thinking about a friend of mine I used to play ball with who was fond of shouting "Don't bring that weak sh*t in here" when he blocked somebody's shot...except in this case Williams was giving up like 5 inches and 40 pounds!

I agree, though I don't think I'd call that one a theft. Nothing sneaky or fluky about the way we laid the wood to that team. I don't think I've ever seen a guy with that much height disparity dominate down low the way Williams did on defense. I kept thinking about a friend of mine I used to play ball with who was fond of shouting "Don't bring that weak sh*t in here" when he blocked somebody's shot...except in this case Williams was giving up like 5 inches and 40 pounds!

I maybe didn't use the best wording there, I meant stole one as in we won a game which we weren't picked to.

The point of this thread when I created it was that this team was picked to go about 13-18/14-17 and finish 13th in the league. We played some top 15 teams very well, but unfortunately no W's to show for it, so heading into this 8 game stretch starting with Gonzaga we were about where most predicted record wise. Those next 8 games we were underdogs in each, if we go 0-8 then that 13-18 looks about right, if the Vols could "steal" a couple of those games then that record could definitely climb in the win column.

I maybe didn't use the best wording there, I meant stole one as in we won a game which we weren't picked to.

The point of this thread when I created it was that this team was picked to go about 13-18/14-17 and finish 13th in the league. We played some top 15 teams very well, but unfortunately no W's to show for it, so heading into this 8 game stretch starting with Gonzaga we were about where most predicted record wise. Those next 8 games we were underdogs in each, if we go 0-8 then that 13-18 looks about right, if the Vols could "steal" a couple of those games then that record could definitely climb in the win column.

I see what you mean and agree completely. For a team depending on big contributions from so many freshmen, I've never seen anything like it when it comes to poise and tenacity. Always enjoy your posts, BTO!

VN Store

Back