Pray for John Fulkerson

snapcracklepop

John Fulkerson has a right elbow injury, is out for the night, will undergo more tests tonight/tomorrow.

@GrantRamey tweeted:

"John Fulkerson just went down and landed on his arm. Every player on the floor that saw the injury freaked out."

Doesn't sound good at all. I hate it so much for this kid...Get well soon young man.

Reactions: 5 people
I think it is either dislocated or broken. Either will be 6 to 8 week to recover at least!!!

I am very surprised to say that if he misses significant time, it be a tough blow for the team. He's not a superstar, but he's an impact player; thus, we lose his impact.

Now the only question is "who steps up?"
Looking you at you, Kyle.

Football team must be getting around the basketball team. Barnes should cut ties!!!!! No hanging out with football players!!!!!

Blue font

I believe it's 30% of the teams games. So yeah.

If he's unable to return, he'll almost certainly qualify for a medical hardship waiver. The 30% figure is always rounded up and with UT scheduled for 31 games and likely to play more, 31 x .30 = 9.3, rounded up to 10.

Evans and Alexander will need to step it up and hopefully Fulkerson can come back at some point this season.

If he does get a medical RS, that could actually be huge for this program. He gets an extra season of eligibility, an offseason to rehab, add weight and strength, and it helps to break up this big freshman class.

Fulk has already proven he can play at this level. The benefit of an offseason S&C program at Tennessee, an additional 15-20 lbs, and he can make an even bigger impact next year. May be a blessing in disguise.

Reactions: 3 people
I wonder if Johnson's redshirt is being reconsidered? As long as Schofield returns soon and Bone is back for Texas A&M it's best to stay on plan with JJ's RS year. Since JJ probably wouldn't play in the paint, all it would do is enable Hubbs, Schofield, and maybe even Shembari to post up more instead of play on the perimeter.

Reactions: 1 person
I wonder if Johnson's redshirt is being reconsidered? As long as Schofield returns soon and Bone is back for Texas A&M it's best to stay on plan with JJ's RS year. Since JJ probably wouldn't play in the paint, all it would do is enable Hubbs, Schofield, and maybe even Shembari to post up more instead of play on the perimeter.

Yeah, I think you stay the course with regards to his RS. As you said, he won't be playing much in the paint. We get Bone back in a couple weeks, so that lessens the need on the perimeter on a team heavy on perimeter players in the first place.

Without Fulk, we still have Williams, Alexander, Evans, Hubbs, and eventually Schofield. All are undersized in some fashion, but JJ won't fix that. rFR JJ, rFR Fulk, Zach Kent, plus a spring signee will make for a decent 2017 class.

Last edited:

I hope he stays a RS. I'm excited about his potential. I believe Shembari said in a post game interview that Jalen was the best 3 or shooter aside from Lamonte.

I hope he stays a RS. I'm excited about his potential. I believe Shembari said in a post game interview that Jalen was the best 3 or shooter aside from Lamonte.

Since Schofield's ankle shouldn't be a long term issue and with Bone soon to return, I'd think there's little to be gained by burning the JJ RS.

We don't know for sure that Fulkerson will miss a lot of time. Several on here that saw his arm bent the wrong way think he's out until near the end of conference play. But WBIR didn't even mention his elbow in their post game wrap up.

VN Store

Back