In Knoxville: UT leads, 2-0

In Nashville: No meetings

Neutral Sites: No meetings

Current Streak: UT has won two straight

Last Meeting: UT won, 69-58, in Knoxville, 12/29/05

Barnes vs. LU: 1-0

Barnes vs. Alexander: 1-0

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee freshman Jordan Bowden is the reigning SEC Freshman of the Week. He has not committed a turnover in his last 87 minutes played.

The Vols are in the midst of an eight-day stretch in which they play four games, including two against AP top-10 teams away from home.

The Vols lead the SEC and rank 16th nationally with a team free-throw percentage of .778.

Reactions: 2 people
Give the Vols a five-game win streak in home games at Thompson-Boling Arena.

Extend Tennessee’s December home win streak to 15 games, dating to 2013.

Make Tennessee 5-0 all-time against current members of the Atlantic Sun Conference.

Give Tennessee a 4-1 home record this season.

Take that up with UT Sports lol

Yea, they have a typo just about every time. They should pay the administrators less and pay more for web masters and content editors.

They could say that TN is 4-0 in "true" home games. Chattanooga was actually an opening round game of the Maui tournament.

Last edited:
REPOST FROM BIG MAN THREAD:

So Fulkerson...Williams. I haven't done much research until a couple of minutes ago on Lipscomb. Here is info on their bigs.

Their power forward is Sophomore, Rob Marberry, 6'7 player from Nashville, TN averaging 11 points 4.3 rebounds per game.

Their center is Junior, George Brammeier, 6'10, 235 from Florida averaging 8 points per game and 3 boards per game.

Seems like a very balanced scoring team with the majority of scoring coming from their 1, 2 and 3. This could be a game where I see us getting some point from our bigs.

I know this has been asked before but I can't remember but does SEC Network + mean online only?

Is Lipscomb Division 1. If it is, has Barnes played Lipscomb before.
(to extend his win record against different schools.)

Does anyone know what the record is for most teams one coach has in winning against different Division 1 teams?

Yea, they have a typo just about every time. They should pay the administrators less and pay more for web masters and content editors.

They could say that TN is 4-0 in "true" home games. Chattanooga was actually an opening round game of the Maui tournament.

I thought that was Appy State?

I thought that was Appy State?

It was Chattanooga. Appy State was the game that TN played immediately before heading to Hawaii.

Chattanooga played Tennessee, UNC, Central Arkansas, and Arkansas State as "Maui on the Mainland" games. The last two were in West Point, New York. It's an odd set up and has something to do with allowing teams to play more games if they are "tournament" games. Army was part of the schedule as well. Good thing Chattanooga didn't bounce UT out of their Hawaii trip with the win.

Last edited:
Is Lipscomb Division 1. If it is, has Barnes played Lipscomb before.
(to extend his win record against different schools.)

Does anyone know what the record is for most teams one coach has in winning against different Division 1 teams?
Any teams that count towards our W/L are Division 1. Usually bigger schools won't play any Division 2 teams (we did play Chaminade in Maui tho), but yes Lipscomb is D1.

And if I assumed, I'd say Lipscomb and Barnes have never met due to locations.

Temperature is supposed to be around 25 when the game wraps up. Semester is over and few students will be in the TBA. Tonight's attendance will resemble a Wade Houston 5th season game.

Any teams that count towards our W/L are Division 1. Usually bigger schools won't play any Division 2 teams (we did play Chaminade in Maui tho), but yes Lipscomb is D1.

And if I assumed, I'd say Lipscomb and Barnes have never met due to locations.

Look at the 2nd post....

He's played Lipscomb once before.

Look at the 2nd post....

He's played Lipscomb once before.
Thats why I said if I assumed lol. Do you know if it was while he was at Texas? I could see him playing Lipscomb while he was at Clemson, but idk why Texas would bother playing a small Nashville program (just curious now).

The only thing that could push attendance up is that there won't be another home game for 19 days.

Sometimes I'd prefer that the TBA had never happened and 12,700 was still the capacity at Stokley. I hate when 5,000 solid fans show up for every game and then an extra 10,000 plus only show up for Kentucky or a highly ranked opponent. Those 10,000 just mess up the traffic and parking. I wish they'd stay away.

VN Store

Back