Jordy Mac on ESPN.com for sneakers

DeepSpringsVol

Getting to prominence will take time.
I thought it was cool Jordan McRae was interviewed about his favorite sneakers. He mentioned his first pair of Jordans was while in college. That kind of shows college kids ain't broke though. Lol seriously though interesting that he got chosen for a piece like that.

I'm sure Adidas was just jubilant that Jordan purchased Nike's. All while having access to every Adidas shoe made for free, as a member of an Adidas sponsored school. LOL

I thought it was cool Jordan McRae was interviewed about his favorite sneakers. He mentioned his first pair of Jordans was while in college. That kind of shows college kids ain't broke though. Lol seriously though interesting that he got chosen for a piece like that.

I knew Jordan back in High School and He was from a good family that was doing well financially–better than the majority of kids playing ball in college.

I understand this is an open forum, but really, a thread about shoes? Hope these guys are more interested in their sport than fashion. Although at some point it is about making money to. Soooo, oh well.

Reactions: 1 person
I understand this is an open forum, but really, a thread about shoes? Hope these guys are more interested in their sport than fashion. Although at some point it is about making money to. Soooo, oh well.

I think since it's JMac on ESPN.com it makes it more thread worthy. And it quickly escalated with the comment that TN was an Adidas school when he was here. Also, it's still not close to the FF in the post count. You're right though... a thread about the shoes. :clap:

Well he is a great VFL and a WORLD CHAMPION. Most of love the fact Jordan is getting noticed.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_R_QB56s20[/youtube]

How about Skylar McBee teaching McRae how to sing Rockytop?

Jordy Mac started tonight against the Bulls & played 33 minutes. He had 21 points on 7 of 15 shooting, 1 of 5 3-pts., 6-7 FT, 3 rbs., & 2 Assts, 2 TO's.

He's beginning to get more minutes now especially with the injury to J.R. Smith but this was only his 2nd start of the season. I would expect more starts & minutes for him going forward until at least Smith comes back.

Jordy Mac started tonight against the Bulls & played 33 minutes. He had 21 points on 7 of 15 shooting, 1 of 5 3-pts., 6-7 FT, 3 rbs., & 2 Assts, 2 TO's.

He's beginning to get more minutes now especially with the injury to J.R. Smith but this was only his 2nd start of the season. I would expect more starts & minutes for him going forward until at least Smith comes back.

Actually Liggins replaced JR, McRae got in the lineup when Kyrie went down so not sure how long it will last. He'll get minutes though.

Actually Liggins replaced JR, McRae got in the lineup when Kyrie went down so not sure how long it will last. He'll get minutes though.

I didn't say he replaced JR. I said since his injury Jordy Mac has seen more playing time & even started a couple of games. They have been playing Jordy Mac at PG where Irving plays so I see what you're saying though.

The team loves JMac and even Lebron said last year that "his time will come" or something similar.

Good for Jordan!! One of my favorite Vol scorers.

Do what? Smith still hasn't come back from injury has he? Irving is banged up still too. Absolutely makes no sense especially when McRae has been playing pretty well.

Something fishy is going on with this move. It's not money guys because McRae made under $1 million per year I think around $850,000($874,636 to be exact).

Wonder if McRae did something or somebody on the team wanted him gone? It has to be something on the fishy side because they can't use money ridding as an excuse with McRae only making that much money. Can't believe this but hopefully another team will pick him up.

Last edited:
Do what? Smith still hasn't come back from injury has he? Irving is banged up still too. Absolutely makes no sense especially when McRae has been playing pretty well.

Something fishy is going on with this move. It's not money guys because McRae made under $1 million per year I think around $850,000($874,636 to be exact).

Wonder if McRae did something or somebody on the team wanted him gone? It has to be something on the fishy side because they can't use money ridding as an excuse with McRae only making that much money. Can't believe this but hopefully another team will pick him up.

It has to do with his contract, which becomes guaranteed for the year on 1/7. Cavs have attempted to unsuccessfully dump JM's contract by trading him. No takers, so they have to cut him.

It has to do with his contract, which becomes guaranteed for the year on 1/7. Cavs have attempted to unsuccessfully dump JM's contract by trading him. No takers, so they have to cut him.

What I'm saying is $800,000+ is no excuse to cut him or trade him. Is Cleveland a poor NBA team with no CAP room? Nope they are not. It's a piss poor excuse to get rid of McRae & I think there's more to it.

You don't see many young players with his type of contract have a team worried about cutting them or getting rid of their contract. It's flat out fishy! I just hope Jordy has another team to pick him up.

What I'm saying is $800,000+ is no excuse to cut him or trade him. Is Cleveland a poor NBA team with no CAP room? Nope they are not. It's a piss poor excuse to get rid of McRae & I think there's more to it.

You don't see many young players with his type of contract have a team worried about cutting them or getting rid of their contract. It's flat out fishy! I just hope Jordy has another team to pick him up.

Uhhh, yeah, they are...the Cavs have (by far) the highest payroll in the NBA. They are also currently $36,000,000+ over the cap and will be hit hard by the luxury tax at season's end if they don't trim the fat. McRae and Liggins' contracts both become guaranteed on the 7th. The team obviously finds more value in Liggins than in McRae, defensively I'm sure.

Not sure why you're trying to find a story that likely isn't there. With teams unwilling to trade for McRae at his modest salary, the Cavs probably feel like they can cut him and resign him at a later date while getting his contract off the books for the time being before it becomes guaranteed.

Uhhh, yeah, they are...the Cavs have (by far) the highest payroll in the NBA. They are also currently $36,000,000+ over the cap and will be hit hard by the luxury tax at season's end if they don't trim the fat. McRae and Liggins' contracts both become guaranteed on the 7th. The team obviously finds more value in Liggins than in McRae, defensively I'm sure.

Not sure why you're trying to find a story that likely isn't there. With teams unwilling to trade for McRae at his modest salary, the Cavs probably feel like they can cut him and resign him at a later date while getting his contract off the books for the time being before it becomes guaranteed.

I do see what you're saying chris. But, the CAP goes up again for 2017 & they will have money to spend. I also understand about the January 7th cutoff date for the salary of Jordy Mac.

I really do understand but it just doesn't seem right to me. I'm not as dumbfounded as you think though about the salary CAP situation & how it works either. Thanks!

I do see what you're saying chris. But, the CAP goes up again for 2017 & they will have money to spend. I also understand about the January 7th cutoff date for the salary of Jordy Mac.

I really do understand but it just doesn't seem right to me. I'm not as dumbfounded as you think though about the salary CAP situation & how it works either. Thanks!

Sure, the cap will go up, but they will be taxed at the current cap for this year, not next year's. And even still, the cap will increase next year (projected to be around $102,000,000) and the Cavs will still be waaay over with their current payroll commmitments ($132,000,000+), and they'll be taxed again. They won't have this extra money you seem to think they will. You need to research their payroll situation.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/contracts/

This is simply a cost-cutting measure. Nothing more.

Last edited:
They also just traded for Kyle Korver. That combined with the guaranteed contract will do it.

VN Store

Back