The Official Tennessee vs. Tennessee Tech Game Thread, 7:00 pm ET, SEC Network

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
Tennessee Volunteers: 4-4 (0-0 SEC)

9742352-ncaa-basketball-tennessee-north-carolina.jpg

vs.

Tennessee Tech Golden Eagles : 4-7 (0-0 OVC)

636169795249211484-SI-20161210-gav-ai5-23-1-.jpg

DEC. 13 » THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA » KNOXVILLE, TENN. » 7:01 P.M. ET

Line: UT -17
O/U: 149

TV: SEC Network
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 145, XM: 190
Online: WatchESPN

12314300.jpeg

Overall: UT leads, 22-1

In Knoxville: UT leads, 21-1

In Cookeville: UT leads, 1-0

Neutral Sites: No meetings

Current Streak: UT has won six straight

Last Meeting: UT won, 61-58, in Knoxville, 12/19/14

Barnes vs. Tennessee Tech: No meetings

Barnes vs. Payne: No meetings

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee freshman Jordan Bowden is the reigning SEC Freshman of the Week. He has not committed a turnover in his last 59 minutes played.

The Vols are in the midst of an eight-day stretch in which they play four games, including two against AP top-10 teams away from home.

The Vols lead the SEC and rank 15th nationally with a team free-throw percentage of .780.

Give the Vols a four-game win streak in home games at Thompson-Boling Arena.

Extend Tennessee’s December home win streak to 14 games, dating to 2013.

Make Tennessee 56-2 all-time against current members of the Ohio Valley Conference.

Make TTU the 175th different Division I program Rick Barnes has defeated during his career.

Tennessee Tech is off to a 4-7 start this season and is coming off a 71-63 loss at Michigan State Saturday.

Sixth-year TTU head coach Steve Payne was the head coach at Knoxville’s Central High School in 1990-91.

In October, the Ohio Valley Conference head coaches and SIDs picked Tennessee Tech to finish fourth in the OVC East Division.

Tech graduated its top two scorers from last season’s squad, which went 19-12 (11-5 OVC) and received an invite to the Vegas 16.

The Golden Eagles’ top performer has been 6-3 junior guard Aleksa Jugovic, from Serbia. The preseason All-OVC selection leads the team in scoring (17.1 ppg)3-point percentage (.400) and free-throw percentage (.865).

Graduate transfer Kajon Mack (10.2 ppg, 4.2 rpg) joined Tech this season after battling through multiple injuries at Tulane. Mack signed with the Green Wave during the head coaching tenure of former Tennessee director of operations (2001-03) and assistant coach (2003-05) Ed Conroy. Mack transferred from Tulane after Conroy’s dismissal in March.

TTU’s top rebounder, Courtney Alexander II (5.9 rpg), is the son of 2000 NBA Lottery Pick Courtney Alexander Sr. The elder Alexander led the NCAA in scoring with 24.8 ppg as a senior at Fresno State.

Golden Eagles freshman Miles Thomas graduated from Knoxville’s South-Doyle High School this past summer and as a cousin of former Vols guard, JaJuan Smith (2004-08). Thomas has yet to appear in the game this season for TTU and could be a candidate to redshirt.

It's all about being 3-0 at the end on the week, and having every single individual owning it.

I would have thought that the Thursday game versus Lipscomb would be the easiest in this 8 day run. However Lipscomb beat TN Tech 104-85.

...maybe he meant weak.

Anyway, GBO! Beat them gold'n buzzards all the way back to Derryberry. Yes, I got ejukated at Tennyshoe Tech, about 3 quarters worth - yes, that long ago. I need to go back... to bed.

Being a Grizzlies fan living in the burbs of Memphis, I hope that we are seeing the development of Fulkerson into a young Marc Gasol!!

He played some tremendous and inspired ball this past weekend. We sure need a go to guy at the end of the close games. Looks like Hubbs is not that player.

GBO!!

Tennessee freshman Jordan Bowden is the reigning SEC Freshman of the Week. He has not committed a turnover in his last 59 minutes played.

The Vols are in the midst of an eight-day stretch in which they play four games, including two against AP top-10 teams away from home.

The Vols lead the SEC and rank 15th nationally with a team free-throw percentage of .780.
Bone may have trouble getting his starting job back.

Someone should invent something that shows the days of the week in the correct order.

I bet if someone invented something like that they might be able to sell them.

Businesses might even give them away with advertisements.

I sure hope they invent something soon.

VN Store

Back