The Official Tennessee @ #7 North Carolina Game Thread, 5:00 pm ET, ESPN

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 4-3 (0-0 SEC)

227Presbyterian%20Tennessee%20Basketball.JPEG

@

#7 North Carolina Tar Heels : 9-1 (0-0 ACC)

5848e9e9c58ec.image.jpg

DEC. 11 » DEAN E. SMITH CENTER » CHAPEL HILL, N.C. » 5:05 P.M. ET

Line: UT +18.5
O/U: 160.5

TV: ESPN
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: 84, XM: 84
Online: WatchESPN

12309742.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person
Overall: UNC leads, 8-1

In Knoxville: Series tied, 1-1

In Chapel Hill: UNC leads, 2-0

Neutral Sites: UNC leads, 5-0

Current Streak: UNC has won three straight

Last Meeting: UNC won, 101-87, in New York City, 11/24/06

Barnes vs. UNC: 6-10

Barnes vs. Williams: Barnes leads, 6-5

Tennessee tied a school record with 16 made 3-pointers Tuesday vs. Presbyterian. Redshirt freshman Lamonté Turner was 7-of-11 from beyond the arc.

Sophomore Shembari Phillips has only attempted a dozen 3-pointers this season, but he’s made nine of them (.750).

UT’s bench has outscored the opponents’ bench in every game this season (32.4 ppg to 18.4 ppg).

Give the Vols a four-game win streak—their longest under Rick Barnes.

Stand as Tennessee’s first win over an AP top-10 opponent since Feb. 26, 2013, when the Vols won at No. 8 Florida, 75-70.

Give Rick Barnes 36 career head coaching wins against AP top-10 opponents.

Improve UT’s record to 4-7 (since 2000) when Jay Bilas is the TV analyst.

Someone told me One of UNC's top players is out for this game. Anyone else hear this?

My son and I are going to go to the game. We live in NC but I have never been to the Dean Dome. Should be very cool all the way around.

Reactions: 3 people
Yikes that is a big spread. I'm hoping the boys can keep it interesting late in the 2nd half.

Green light to shoot the 3 ball. We will surprise people with competitive ball game or get blown out. Either way the 3 ball is hopefully falling for us.

don't let the paint dry or it will get very interesting today...forecast today...raining down the threes...:)

GO VOLS!

I wonder if the perspective for shooters is at all similar to the TBA? So often teams meeting up in the NCAAT in a big arena struggle adjusting to the background for shooters. Maybe the Dean Dome won't be a disadvantage for our perimeter shooters.

We need every advantage. We can't handle a Rupp Whistle from the refs. We need shots to fall. We need UNC to miss shots. We need to keep them off of the glass. We need to limit turnovers. We need to make free throws. We need to take the crowd out of it... this will be the first hostile crowd that the freshmen have ever seen.

Reactions: 2 people
I really hope they can pull this off today. A big win on the road would give us great momentum this season.

I wonder if the perspective for shooters is at all similar to the TBA? So often teams meeting up in the NCAAT in a big arena struggle adjusting to the background for shooters. Maybe the Dean Dome won't be a disadvantage for our perimeter shooters.

We need every advantage. We can't handle a Rupp Whistle from the refs. We need shots to fall. We need UNC to miss shots. We need to keep them off of the glass. We need to limit turnovers. We need to make free throws. We need to take the crowd out of it... this will be the first hostile crowd that the freshmen have ever seen.

We need to score more points than unc to win. Jmo.

Per Pancratz, UNC is the #1 rebounding team in the country. They've rebounded 43% of their missed shots.

He also said they don't want to play zone defense and so TN's offensive spacing will be a huge factor.

Lulz awesome analysis.

I should get to watch this one. Looking forward to seeing how this team can play with unc.

I'll be in attendance today pulling our Vols on. Should be a tough one to win. The Heels are good, Justin Jackson will be the best player on the floor. It helps that Berry is sidelined. Hopefully we can give them all they want. Go Vols!

GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back