Coach Barnes conference notes

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
#Vols’ Rick Barnes on what he wants to learn about team in next 8 days: I don’t want us to learn. I want us to win. It’s time to win.

Not a coach comment, but worth noting.
Shembari Phillips says Coach Barnes told the team he's 5-1 against Roy Williams in his career and he wants to make it 6-1 on Saturday

Lol
Rick Barnes: If me and Roy Williams played one-on-one, I think I would win

That's about all the noteworthy comments

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Will update.

#Vols’ Rick Barnes on what he wants to learn about team in next 8 days: I don’t want us to learn. I want us to win. It’s time to win.

Shembari Phillips says Coach Barnes told the team he's 5-1 against Roy Williams in his career and he wants to make it 6-1 on Saturday
I think the fanbase needs to hear that. That's pretty big coming from Barnes IMHO. I feel like he's brutally honest and he wouldn't say something like that unless he had some confidence in his team.

I think the fanbase needs to hear that. That's pretty big coming from Barnes IMHO. I feel like he's brutally honest and he wouldn't say something like that unless he had some confidence in his team.

I loved it. That's why I decided to make a thread for it.

If Butch would take the Barnes approach with the media he'd have a lot less heat on him.

Reactions: 8 people

Lol

Looks like some others had same initial reaction to Barnes quotes. He didn't sugar coat it or say we've got 8 first year UT players (whatever the number is) and make excuses...he said it's time to win. He also didn't throw team under the bus...just called it like it is. Appreciate Jone's work ethic and many of good things he's done, but this is exactly where he's not connecting the dots. If Jones came out and said something like this, instead of Champions of Life stuff (though well meaning, and taken out of context), then don't think he would get fried near as much by media and fanbase.

If Butch would take the Barnes approach with the media he'd have a lot less heat on him.

True but there are a lot more eyes on him than on Barnes.

I guarantee more than 75% of UT's fan base had no clue Barnes was even having a presser.

Butch has to be more calculated because everything he says will be put under a microscope.

Reactions: 1 person
True but there are a lot more eyes on him than on Barnes.

I guarantee more than 75% of UT's fan base had no clue Barnes was even having a presser.

Butch has to be more calculated because everything he says will be put under a microscope.

He's too "calculated" as you wanna call it, nothing wrong with being a bit more honest and open.

Lol

Barnes is 6-5 versus Roy per utsports.com

Is Berry out today for NC?

If so that should help the Vols chances today, however, slim they may be.

“QUOTABLE”
Josh Richardson, Miami Heat
“I think (Rick Barnes is) a great
coach. I wanted to play for him
really bad my whole life growing
up. I was a big Texas fan. I’m a
bit jealous that these guys get to
play for him."

VN Store

Back