Unofficial TN v UNC Sunday 12/11/16 ESPN 5pm pre-game

Thunder Good-Oil

Looks like it will be an 11 man rotation with Admiral back.

We need everybody to play well. Only 7 turnovers versus the Blue Hose. Something like 16 3s went in. Going to need similar results.

Barnes is pretty good buddies with Roy. If TN is in a funk maybe Roy takes it easy on the young Vols, they come to Knoxville next year do they probably don't want to embarrass TN.

Admiral needs some serious minutes this game. Suspension served its purpose, but let's go.

This team has enough depth to pressure the ball for 40 minutes. Press after every made basket, push the tempo, and see where the pieces land. We can't beat a team like UNC in the half court, but we can out hustle/run them.

25+ points in transition/25+ 3PA is what I'm hoping for.

Tar Heel players know our league forecast (13th), and they laid waste to UTC after we stumbled badly against them.. They were a juggernaut when they hung 107 on OK State. No matter what Roy says to his team you have to figure they'll take us lightly.

So. Do we blow them out early or do we string them along and whack them late?

Is anyone going to the game? I will be there! Probably the only person cheering for UT in section 127, row Q.

Reactions: 1 person
Wish it was a better time of the year. I might could go. I'll be there for next years game in k-town!

A couple of things that I heard today...

Barnes is 5-1 versus Roy Williams. (DallasBowlin posted this and Shembari's contribution)

He got into a dust up with Dean Smith when he was coaching Clemson. Told him to quit telling his players what they should be doing or something similar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I watched North Carolina play against Davidson and UT will need to keep UNC off the offensive boards and limit turnovers and fast break chances by North Carolina to have a chance to win.

UNC and the two Kentucky games are the only games scheduled to be on ESPN. Three possible large beat downs. ESPN hates us. Mercifully, Gonzaga is on the Deuce.

We're going to get thumped by the Heels, I'm afraid. I don't know much about UNC this year--except that they'll be a lot bigger and more talented than we are.

Is anyone going to the game? I will be there! Probably the only person cheering for UT in section 127, row Q.

I'll be there! My aunt and uncle work for UNC so they got me a couple tickets for the game. Not sure where they're located other than lower level somewhere.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back