The Official Tennessee vs. Presbyterian Game Thread, 7:00 pm ET, SEC Network +

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 3-3 (0-0 SEC)

9719620-robert-hubbs-iii-ncaa-basketball-georgia-tech-tennessee-850x560.jpg

vs.

Presbyterian Blue Hose: 3-4 (0-0 Big South)

VEVLBWIXSYMAUXT.20130207013953.jpg

DEC. 6 » THOMPSON-BOLING ARENA » KNOXVILLE, TENN. » 7:01 P.M. ET

Line: --
O/U: ---

TV: SEC Network+
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: --, XM: ---
Online: WatchESPN

12300076.jpeg

Reactions: 1 person
Overall: UT leads, 1-0

In Knoxville: UT leads, 1-0

In Clinton: No meetings

Neutral Sites: No meetings

Current Streak: Tennessee has won one

Last Meeting: UT won, 78-62, in Knoxville, 12/18/12

Barnes vs. Presbyterian: No meetings

Barnes vs. Nibert : No meetings

Presbyterian College, located in Clinton, South Carolina, is
a member of the Big South Conference. Enrollment is 1,026.

Shembari Phillips had a career- high seven assists Saturday vs. Georgia Tech.

Nine different Vols are averaging more than 16 minutes played per game. And 10 different Vols have started at least one game this season.

Give the Vols a three-game win streak.

Extend Tennessee’s December home win streak to 13 games, dating to 2013.

Make Tennessee a perfect 22-0 against current members of the Big South Conference.

Make Presbyterian the 174th Division I program against which Rick Barnes has logged at least one victory during his career.

Is SECN+ the same channel as SECN alt? It's not showing up on my listings for that channel.

I wonder why the teams in Boston and Chicago didn't opt for the Red Hose and the White Hose. Blue Hose is kind of catchy.

Nope. Streaming only. The ETSU game will be the same. Damn it.

Makes no Sense why that game is not being televised. ETSU is a good team. I think they've lost only once. I'll be there. It will interesting to see the fan split for that game.

Makes no Sense why that game is not being televised. ETSU is a good team. I think they've lost only once. I'll be there. It will interesting to see the fan split for that game.

I think that it is NCAA/SEC trying to condition viewers to watch over the internet. Long term they want to cut into more of the network's slice of the pie for themselves. When games are on CBS and ESPN the networks get a huge chunk of the advertising dollars. By streaming... the SEC, the NCAA, and the schools can keep pretty much all of the advertising dollars. Right now though they don't have the back office/sales set up that the networks have in place.

Nope. Streaming only. The ETSU game will be the same. Damn it.
I can stream it, but it still makes NO sense to me. We have like 3 different SEC channels, a local sports channel and many other channels to show a basketball game on. I just don't get it tbh. Seems like there are less games shown on TV now than there was 2 or 3 years ago.

I can stream it, but it still makes NO sense to me. We have like 3 different SEC channels, a local sports channel and many other channels to show a basketball game on. I just don't get it tbh. Seems like there are less games shown on TV now than there was 2 or 3 years ago.

I agree. Why even keep 2 HD alternate channels if you rarely use them? I'd fill them up with all the basketball, baseball, etc that I could year round.

I guess ESPN and CBS has the rights to all games? Fox sports/sports south used to televise a lot of vol non conference games

The Bucs are 7-1 and ranked #9 in the Mid Major poll behind Chattanooga at #8. Their loss was a close game with #5 UNCW. The game is already sold out.

The Bucs are 7-1 and ranked #9 in the Mid Major poll behind Chattanooga at #8. Their loss was a close game with #5 UNCW. The game is already sold out.

I've got my ticket. I'll be looking to tailgate with you and Tony

I agree. Why even keep 2 HD alternate channels if you rarely use them? I'd fill them up with all the basketball, baseball, etc that I could year round.

Cost maybe. Putting content up on a satellite and bouncing it back down to the cable head-ends isn't cheap. Also possibly avoiding overexposure.

A lot of the early, pre-conference games used to be on CSS. The CSS partnership is no longer an operating network. I think that a lot of those rights migrated to the SECNW.

VN Store

Back