High-flying 'Fulky' already making mark for Vols

kamoshika

Teammates already poke at “Fulky” for being a fan favorite, but he claims to take it in stride. “People mess with me and tell me that, but, I mean, I just try to play hard and do what Coach Barnes says,” Fulkerson said. “I mean, I notice it sometimes, but I don’t really pay a lot of attention to it.”

Fulkerson’s athleticism jumped off the screen on film, so Tennessee’s players expected to be impressed when he arrived on campus this summer. He’s been even more athletic than they expected, though, and the team’s point guards love spotting him on fast breaks and lobbing the ball near the rim. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Anywhere near the rim will do. Fulky will go get it, and they know that.

Sophomore guard Shembari Phillips said Fulkerson and Williams have impressed “everybody,” and he said both are just scratching the surface of their potential.

High-flying freshman forward John Fulkerson already leaving mark for Tennessee Vols basketball

Reactions: 9 people
He might already be approaching my Top 10 fun to watch UT players. For different reasons... Bernard, Allan Houston, Lofton, Michael Brooks, Tony Harris, Reggie Johnson, Grunfeld, Fred Jenkins, Tony White, Nix, Rodney Woods, Edwards/England/Johnson, Dale Ellis, Mike Jackson, Howard Wood, CJ, Weezy, Josh Richardson, Larry Robinson, Gary Carter.

Reactions: 2 people
He might already be approaching my Top 10 fun to watch UT players. For different reasons... Bernard, Allan Houston, Lofton, Michael Brooks, Tony Harris, Reggie Johnson, Grunfeld, Fred Jenkins, Tony White, Nix, Rodney Woods, Edwards/England/Johnson, Dale Ellis, Mike Jackson, Howard Wood, CJ, Weezy, Josh Richardson, Larry Robinson, Gary Carter.

No JP Prince and his salute? Stokes with his rebounding? McRae with nasty dunks and driving through the lane like a beast? Tobias and his scoring, even if it was just for one year?

Reactions: 1 person

I aint that good at counting and what not, but I feel like this is a bit more than 10 guys.:unsure:

No JP Prince and his salute? Stokes with his rebounding? McRae with nasty dunks and driving through the lane like a beast? Tobias and his scoring, even if it was just for one year?

Nope. JP could 't shoot. McRae wouldn't share the ball. Stokes almost... maybe too much backing his defender near the basket and flip up his shot. Didn't see enough of Tobias. I'm not saying that they weren't all very good or even great. I'm saying "fun to watch". Fulkerson may not be as good as any listed, I like to watch his game though. High motor, high energy, running the court, sometimes getting knocked into the first row.
It might be more of Pearl's and Cuonzo's systems rather than those particular guys that bored me just a bit. Tyler Smith is another... lived that he helped TN win a lot of games, but I thought he wa a little boring to watch. I liked watching Brian Williams too. Not so much his scoring but I loved his passing... no looks, bounce passes in the paint.

Actually, Bradshaw might have had some of the high motor too... but he couldn't jump. Or make outside shots/free throws or block shots.

I aint that good at counting and what not, but I feel like this is a bit more than 10 guys.:unsure:

Yes... that list kept on growing. Non UT guys whose game I liked: Chris Jackson, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Pete Maravich. Jordan because he was such a freak, but I like the previous four more. I guess I like guys that make great passes. Scott Skiles might also make my non-UT top 10. Wilt Chamberlin, Kareem, Robertson, Frazier. Earl The Pearl probably too... but I haven't seen a whole lot of his video. Steve Nash most definitely... he's maybe number 1 or 2. John Stockton a little below Nash, but way up there.

Yes... that list kept on growing. Non UT guys whose game I liked: Chris Jackson, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, Pete Maravich. Jordan because he was such a freak, but I like the previous four more. I guess I like guys that make great passes. Scott Skiles might also make my non-UT top 10. Wilt Chamberlin, Kareem, Robertson, Frazier. Earl The Pearl probably too... but I haven't seen a whole lot of his video. Steve Nash most definitely... he's maybe number 1 or 2. John Stockton a little below Nash, but way up there.

Love this.

Suprised nobody has listed the high-flying late 90's sensation Charles Hathaway as one of their all time favorites

Having seen Fulk play multiple times in high school before he went to Christ Prep School I can honestly say this kid has improved light years. He can absolutely jump out of the gym now. He did not have that high of a vertical while he was at DB.

He could dunk still at DB but he wasn't leaping with the flashy dunks & ally-oops. He's done something since leaving DB to improve his vertical. Maybe wearing those spongy front weighted shoes.

I used to wear them myself & improved my vertical 6"-8" while playing high school & small college basketball. They weren't all that comfortable though but they worked.

They make more advanced ones now but I bet those are the type of shoes that he's used to improve vertical leap. He's just athletic naturally though.

seinfeld-shoes.jpg

Jimmy couldn't jump at all before he got these.

Reactions: 6 people
seinfeld-shoes.jpg

Jimmy couldn't jump at all before he got these.

Those are the shoes guys. I'm serious. I wore them from my sophomore season in high school all the way thru my senior season in college. Only during the off-season though & never during the season. They really do help even though they look whacky. I'm not pulling anybody's leg either.

Those are the shoes guys. I'm serious. I wore them from my sophomore season in high school all the way thru my senior season in college. Only during the off-season though & never during the season. They really do help even though they look whacky. I'm not pulling anybody's leg either.

And you wonder why you were bullied?

It was a joke, but your response makes it more likely that my joke wasn't far from the truth.

It's his response to every post that isn't in total agreement with him. Paper-thin skin, that one.

VN Store

Back