Unofficial TN v Presbyterian Tues 12/6 pre-game

Thunder Good-Oil

Not on TV again. Streaming only. Then the next game is at UNC which should be big TV exposure in a hostile atmosphere. I wonder if TN played scared versus UT-C since so many players hadn't had much TV exposure before.

I bet Schofield will be back.

It will be interesting to see if the freshmen keep playing with so much composure. They are playing with a lot if maturity right now.

Really don't want to see a huge blow out score... just a solid win. Maybe steal one from UNC or Gonzaga if Jupiter aligns with Mars and they overlook the young 'uns.

Not on TV again. Streaming only. Then the next game is at UNC which should be big TV exposure in a hostile atmosphere. I wonder if TN played scared versus UT-C since so many players hadn't had much TV exposure before.

I bet Schofield will be back.

It will be interesting to see if the freshmen keep playing with so much composure. They are playing with a lot if maturity right now.

Really don't want to see a huge blow out score... just a solid win. Maybe steal one from UNC or Gonzaga if Jupiter aligns with Mars and they overlook the young 'uns.

We have some nice cushion games that even if we drop the two hard games, we could still be looking at over .500 going into sec play. If we steal one of the big games (my bet would be on Gonzaga) then we will be looking really good. There's still no way we finish 13th imo.

We have some nice cushion games that even if we drop the two hard games, we could still be looking at over .500 going into sec play. If we steal one of the big games (my bet would be on Gonzaga) then we will be looking really good. There's still no way we finish 13th imo.

Agreed. Im sincerely looking forward to SEC Play. Hopefully we pick up a win at Presbyterian heading into Sunday's game at UNC.

I will be heading to that game. Have court side tickets near the UNC boosters section. Will be rocking my UT gear loud and proud.

Reactions: 2 people
Agreed. Im sincerely looking forward to SEC Play. Hopefully we pick up a win at Presbyterian heading into Sunday's game at UNC.

I will be heading to that game. Have court side tickets near the UNC boosters section. Will be rocking my UT gear loud and proud.

"With" Presbyterian... obviously it's in Knoxville.

The SEC schedule might be easier than the non conferences teams. Vols will be playing even better by then, and the SEC has its share of weak teams

The SEC schedule might be easier than the non conferences teams. Vols will be playing even better by then, and the SEC has its share of weak teams

The one problem I see is that many of the games against weak teams are road games.

UNC be a huge challenge for Coach Barnes' coaching ability and the Vols composure and playability...gonna need to play a perfect game...get all the right bounces on and off the boards, and hit 65% of three pointers...other than that we got this...:)

GO VOLS!

The one problem I see is that many of the games against weak teams are road games.

At least good defenses usually travel well. But with the youth of this squad that's definitely a valid concern.

Presbyterian is 3-0 at home against VMI, Johnson and Wales and Furman.
0-4 on the road against UNCG, William and Mary, Boise State, and the Citadel.

Blue Hose? I'm sorry but they really need to work on that nick-name.

Blue Hose have young guards. Make about 40% of their three pointers. Multiple defensive looks... Often a 2-3 zone. Per Coach Schwartz on Vawl Calls just now.

Hope we learn to move without the ball. Seem to stand around a lot.

It's funny, they had a ****load of movement in early games. Especially the first half of the Slick Rock X game. Maybe without Bone at the point they get kind of lazy. They're also probably pretty worn down after working hard on defense and in transition.

Against Tech they moved the ball quite a bit.

IM talking off the ball. They pass it around the perimeter some, and then jack up a bad shot. It worked against ga tech, but when those shots aren't falling it's gonna be rough sledding.

IM talking off the ball. They pass it around the perimeter some, and then jack up a bad shot. It worked against ga tech, but when those shots aren't falling it's gonna be rough sledding.
There were several guys moving all game. They even got a few backdoor cuts plus one lob for a dunk. Their motion offense was pretty good in my opinion. You sure you weren't watching Lady Vols vs Baylor? LOL

Reactions: 1 person
There were several guys moving all game. They even got a few backdoor cuts plus one lob for a dunk. Their motion offense was pretty good in my opinion. You sure you weren't watching Lady Vols vs Baylor? LOL

I watched that mess as well. Lol but, yeah it was better vs tech. I hope it continues. Effort like that every game, and we will be a high (low?) nit seed. And, if we steal one or two, and some teams slip and fall, you never know.

VN Store

Back