Ryan Childress doing color commentary for today's game

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Has he been doing color commentary on ESPN very long? I had no idea... or I did and forgot. Lol.

Has he been doing color commentary on ESPN very long? I had no idea... or I did and forgot. Lol.

I could be mistaken but I don't think the ESPN3 broadcasters work for ESPN, I think it's entirely on the university to provide everything, ESPN just agrees to carry it on their online only stream. For example Maddy Glab and Steve Hammer did one of our games earlier this year on ESPN3, neither work for ESPN.

I could be mistaken but I don't think the ESPN3 broadcasters work for ESPN, I think it's entirely on the university to provide everything, ESPN just agrees to carry it on their online only stream. For example Maddy Glab and Steve Hammer did one of our games earlier this year on ESPN3, neither work for ESPN.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the universities get local guys/former players to do the online broadcasts. Steve Hamer has done several of our SECN+ games the past few years.

Bob Kesling has done play by play for several of our SECN+ baseball games, and Mike Keith has as well.

This is correct. It is up to hosting university to provide.

Wasn't listening too much because my focus was also on UCLA/Kentucky but when I did pay attention to the commentating he did a very nice job.

Wasn't listening too much because my focus was also on UCLA/Kentucky but when I did pay attention to the commentating he did a very nice job.

I thought so as well. I like to listen to Steve Hamer as well.:loco::loco:

I just saw him coaching a kid's basketball team at National Fitness. The Big Chill is awesome.

I was working at the Tennessee Traditions store in Stokely the day Chilly and his family came down from Cincinnati to sign with Bruce. Bruce brought the whole family through the store and they (the family - not Bruce) bought like $1000 worth of orange gear.

My "Chilly" story, bro moment of the day.

VN Store

Back