Official Jordan Bone - Out 2 to 4 Weeks

longrobe

ESPN Official - Jordan Out 2 to 4 Weeks

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee guard Jordan Bone remains sidelined with a stress fracture in his left foot that already had caused the freshman to miss the Volunteers' final two games at the Maui Invitational last week.

Volunteers coach Rick Barnes announced the severity of Bone's injury on Tuesday. The expected timetable for Bone's recovery is two to four weeks.

Bone started each of Tennessee's first two games, but his foot began to bother him as the team was preparing for the Maui Invitational. He played just seven minutes off the bench in a loss to Wisconsin in Maui, before sitting out Tennessee's final two games in the tournament.

Bone is averaging 9.3 points and 3.3 assists per game.

Tennessee (2-3) hosts Georgia Tech on Saturday.

I am wondering when the clock actually started on the 2 - 4 week time-frame. In one video, it appeared that CRB was saying that it had already been about 10 days. Did I misunderstand that?

So he should be back before SEC play starts?

First SEC game is at Texas A&M on December 29th. If he is out 2 to 4 weeks, this should put him back in time for SEC play. If the two to four weeks actually started during the Maui Invitational, he could be back as early as Gonzaga (11/18) potentially.

Lets pray when he comes back he is ready and not hobbled all freaking year.

Per @GoVols247 , Rick Barnes expects point guard Jordan Bone (stress fracture, foot) to be back Dec. 29 for the Texas A&M game.

I wonder if he could have been that little extra against Carolina

I think so. But that's a loaded question. While he was on the floor we may have had less turnovers. But we may not have scored when we did. So you just never know. Can't wait for the rematch next year. But after the scare this year when they come to TBA we will most definitely get their full focus. They may have over looked us a bit.

Fewer turnovers will help us against any opponent.
Hopefully, Bone can set the example on that front.

I think so. But that's a loaded question. While he was on the floor we may have had less turnovers. But we may not have scored when we did. So you just never know. Can't wait for the rematch next year. But after the scare this year when they come to TBA we will most definitely get their full focus. They may have over looked us a bit.

Lamonte Turner is not a true point guard. He is a scoring one who struggles with pressure. UNC and even TN Tech put pressure on him full court, when he crossed half court and off of pick and rolls.

Turner truly (so far) only looks for himself. It will be nice to have a true one on the floor because though we have made due with Bone out, we don't have one.

Will be nice to have his production/leadership and ball handling for SEC play. He will be rusty though.

Lamonte Turner is not a true point guard. He is a scoring one who struggles with pressure. UNC and even TN Tech put pressure on him full court, when he crossed half court and off of pick and rolls.

Turner truly (so far) only looks for himself. It will be nice to have a true one on the floor because though we have made due with Bone out, we don't have one.

Will be nice to have his production/leadership and ball handling for SEC play. He will be rusty though.

100% agree. I think Barnes has given every guard the green light to shoot. It's up to the players to make smart decisions. Turner does try the heat check a little to much. But I like the aggressive play out of these young guards. The smarter choices will come with experience. I'm just shocked how rattled Turner looks with pressure. Makes some really dumb passes.

I didn't look it up, but didn't Bone only have something like one assist the night that he scored about 20 points?

I'm guessing he gets around 15 minutes and scores 10 to 12 points. This guy has a hunger to make a difference. My prediction A&M 74 Vols 63

I think we finally go over the hump and beat A&M.

What game was it you called when everybody else here had us as stone cold losers? Was that LSU on the road a year or 2 ago?

Whichever, you've changed my mind. :good!:

Vols by 5

For me A&M has always been one of those teams we don't seem to match up with. We keep it close but they always hit the big shot on us that they don't make against other teams. We owe them a big arse payback. Hoping we shoot well. Their crowd shouldn't be a factor after playing at the Dean Dome and ETSU. Playing sound fundamental defense and rebounding will decide this game.

VN Store

Back