Starting Lineup - Williams or Fulkerson

longrobe

The last couple games we have since Grant Williams starting at the four and the last game we saw Fulkerson start at the five alongside him. I think we have to assume that Kyle Alexander will be the starting five even after not playing much against Chaminade. (think Barnes was trying to light a fire under him)

That being said with Alexander at the four. Who do you think we should be starting at the four?

Williams? Fulkerson? Schofield?

I think it is safe to say Lew Evans will not be the guy.

I think Admiral. Worried about what's going on with him though. Fulkerson is the backup 5. Would like to see both him and Alexander in some too though.

Fulk hands down needs all the minutes he can get. He makes things happen out there, and he will only get better. People writing him off or calling him a project who might pan out in 3 years are simply WRONG. I'd give him all the minutes he can handle, depending on the needs of matchups. Also hate it that Admiral is struggling with whatever he is struggling with. He looked close to really breaking out by the end of last season. Not sure what is going on there.

Reactions: 4 people
I mean, he's doing ok. He just can't hit anything from without 2 feet.

He doesn't need to in order to fill his role for this team. He's a decent FT shooter though. That's outside 2 feet isn't it? He's not a jump shooter & that's not what CRB wants him out there on the court for.

Fulk hands down needs all the minutes he can get. He makes things happen out there, and he will only get better. People writing him off or calling him a project who might pan out in 3 years are simply WRONG. I'd give him all the minutes he can handle, depending on the needs of matchups. Also hate it that Admiral is struggling with whatever he is struggling with. He looked close to really breaking out by the end of last season. Not sure what is going on there.

I've got to eat some crow here. I said months ago that Fulkerson would be a player that would barely see the floor this season or his entire career at UT. Seeing him play locally in 2014 made me make that assumption. He was a decent player but I would have NEVER thought he was D1 material.

Small college ball most definitely but not end up at a school like UT. When he went to Christ Prep School his senior year in high school he must have improved dramatically. He's a pretty solid player & he just didn't seem this athletic when he was at Dobyns-Bennett.

I have to apologize to him & others on the board to say he wouldn't be much of anything at UT as a basketball player. He's already shown me more than I ever expected. He's way more than a role player too like I said he would be at UT.

I said he would never see more than 8-10 minutes per game his 4 years at UT. He's already surpassed that. Congratulations Fulkerson on your accomplishments of being at UT & I eat crow for saying what I did about your game because you're a lot better than I expected you to be buddy. GO VOLS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
It's hilarious to see. Fulk's success is doubly enjoyable now in light of Dallas trying so hard to not eat crow over it.

I already posted & ate my crow. It tasted pretty good though because I substituted turkey instead of crow meat. Much much better tasting! LOL! :eek:lol:

He doesn't need to in order to fill his role for this team. He's a decent FT shooter though. That's outside 2 feet isn't it? He's not a jump shooter & that's not what CRB wants him out there on the court for.

I've got to eat some crow here. I said months ago that Fulkerson would be a player that would barely see the floor this season or his entire career at UT. Seeing him play locally in 2014 made me make that assumption. He was a decent player but I would have NEVER thought he was D1 material.

Small college ball most definitely but not end up at a school like UT. When he went to Christ Prep School his senior year in high school he must have improved dramatically. He's a pretty solid player & he just didn't seem this athletic when he was at Dobyns-Bennett.

I have to apologize to him & others on the board to say he wouldn't be much of anything at UT as a basketball player. He's already shown me more than I ever expected. He's way more than a role player too like I said he would be at UT.

I said he would never see more than 8-10 minutes per game his 4 years at UT. He's already surpassed that. Congratulations Fulkerson on your accomplishments of being at UT & I eat crow for saying what I did about your game because you're a lot better than I expected you to be buddy. GO VOLS!

Fulkerson actually reclassed after his junior year at Dobyns Bennett and played two years at Christ School (which isnt a prep school). They have no post grads there.

That being said, even his Junior year (reclass year) he had many games in which he could have been more aggressive.

I have seen him shoot outside of 2ft and he can do it. Once asked him after a game at Wesleyan Christian (where Jalen Johnson and Kwe Parker went) why he doesn't shoot outside of 2ft in the game. His response was classic. "If I couldn't get in to the paint and finish at the rim every time, I would shoot some outside shoots. I just feel like if I can get there every time, I'm settling to shoot jumpers." Awesome. That being said, he will need to be ready to hit the free throw line jumper or a post to square up quick jumper of the glass to keep teams honest during SEC play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I would just like to know his actual height. It's always listed differently depending which article you read.

Fulkerson actually reclassed after his junior year at Dobyns Bennett and played two years at Christ School (which isnt a prep school). They have no post grads there.

That being said, even his Junior year (reclass year) he had many games in which he could have been more aggressive.

I have seen him shoot outside of 2ft and he can do it. Once asked him after a game at Wesleyan Christian (where Jalen Johnson and Kwe Parker went) why he doesn't shoot outside of 2ft in the game. His response was classic. "If I couldn't get in to the paint and finish at the rim, I would. I just feel like if I can get there every time, I'm settling to shoot jumpers." Awesome. That being said, he will need to be ready to hit the free throw line jumper or a post to square up quick jumper of the glass to keep teams honest during SEC play.

Thanks for that clarification. I just knew for 2 years I seen him play at DB & while I thought he was a decent player I didn't think he would ever sign with a major D1 school like UT. He has improved so much that I wouldn't even think he was the same player. Glad to have him as a Vol though.

Alexander needs to have a protein shake in hand 24-7. Love to see Full play the four with a true postbbeside him.

VN Store

Back