Hope Floats!

BruinVol

Even at 1-3 this team has given us hope. Not one of the youngsters has disappointed. Well done Barnes and a hell of a job by Fulkerson today. That is a team I can be proud to follow.

Reactions: 7 people
Even at 1-3 this team has given us hope. Not one of the youngsters has disappointed. Well done Barnes and a hell of a job by Fulkerson today. That is a team I can be proud to follow.

Totally agree. All the freshmen will look like freshmen from time to time, and there were stretches that were excruciating to watch today, but all the freshmen have also flashed glimpses that lead me to believe that by the time they are juniors, this could be a solid core group of players.

Reactions: 1 person
Brings some optimism that maybe Barnes' plan can work...hard to think that if these guys stick around they won't continue to improve.

Enjoyed the games so far, looking forward to entertaining BB this year!

The main roster addition I question so far is Evans. Man, I don't see him getting many minutes unless it's garbage time or someone gets hurt.

I am all in. The Boys have won me over. I applaud the effort.

Also lay off Lew Evans. He brought great hustle today

Last edited:
I am all in. The Boys have won me over. I applaud the effort.

Also lay off Lew Evans. He brought great hustle today

Looks like we (VN) were too harsh on LE. Sure he's a senior, but he had to learn a new system. I still don't expect him to have a game like today every game, but IMO he won't be a non-contributor or a Hurd-like locker room cancer.

Haven't caught a game yet. Does this young team have an identity yet?

Imo their identity is 'bust a gut for 6-8 minutes and get a blow.' Barnes always has players waiting at the scorers' table...he's more interested in defensive intensity than offensive consistency.

You could tell Barnes was frustrated last year by the lack of quality depth, especially how it related to effort on defense.

VN Store

Back