The Official Tennessee vs. #13 Oregon Game Thread, 1:30 pm ET, ESPN2

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Maui Jim Invitational

Tennessee Volunteers: 1-2 (0-0 SEC)

12271170.jpeg

vs.

#13/#12 Oregon Ducks: 2-2 (0-0 PAC 12)

364Georgetown%20Oregon%20Basketball.JPEG

NOV. 22 » LAHAINA CIVIC CENTER » LAHAINA, MAUI » 1:30 P.M. ET

Line: UT +12
O/U: 153

TV: ESPN2
Radio: Vol Network
Satellite Radio: Sirius: --, XM: --
Online: WatchESPN

12271827.jpeg

Last edited:
Overall: Tennessee leads, 1-0

In Knoxville: No meetings

In Eugene: No meetings

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 1-0

Current Streak: Tennessee has won one

Last Meeting: Tennessee won, 70-63, in Portland, 12/29/64

Barnes vs. Oregon: 1-1

Barnes vs. Altman: No meetings

Reactions: 1 person
Freshmen have scored 46 percent of UT’s points through three games this season.

Redshirt freshman Lamonté Turner is a perfect 14-for-14 at the free-throw line this season.

Vols sophomore Shembari Phillips is shooting 71 percent (5-for-7) from 3-point range.

Tuesday marks the first time UT has faced ranked opponents back-to-back since January 2012 (at. Miss. State, vs. Kentucky).

Give Tennessee its first win over an AP top-15 opponent since defeating 15th-ranked Butler on Dec. 14, 2014, in Knoxville.

Improve the Vols’ all-time record at the Maui Invitational to 3-5 (.375).

Make Rick Barnes the only coach to lead three different schools to wins at the Maui Invitational.

I was hoping for a match up with Georgetown but you got to suck it up and play. This match up scares me. Oregon will be firing on a cylinders tomorrow wait and see.

Proud of the way this team didn't quit yesterday when they came out of the gates half asleep and firing blanks. I think we have some good young talent but really need the upper classmen ( yes you Robert Hubbs) to stop playing like freshmen for this team to have any chance of going .500 or better this season.

Proud of the way this team didn't quit yesterday when they came out of the gates half asleep and firing blanks. I think we have some good young talent but really need the upper classmen ( yes you Robert Hubbs) to stop playing like freshmen for this team to have any chance of going .500 or better this season.

Hubbs has been the epitome of inconsistency since he set foot on campus. I don't look for that to change. It's his personality I suspect. Anything we get from him is gravy. I don't expect him to lead and certainly don't consider him a player to build your team around. Disappears way too often. If he were going to change, we'd have seen it by now.

Hubbs has been the epitome of inconsistency since he set foot on campus. I don't look for that to change. It's his personality I suspect. Anything we get from him is gravy. I don't expect him to lead and certainly don't consider him a player to build your team around. Disappears way too often. If he were going to change, we'd have seen it by now.

This. It is what it is with Hubbs. Some people are natural born leaders and some aren't. He falls under the latter. The good news is we have some underclassmen that look like leaders and that's good for the future of our program.

Give Tennessee its first win over an AP top-15 opponent since defeating 15th-ranked Butler on Dec. 14, 2014, in Knoxville.

Improve the Vols’ all-time record at the Maui Invitational to 3-5 (.375).

Make Rick Barnes the only coach to lead three different schools to wins at the Maui Invitational.

I remember that win. My boss went to Butler so it was nice to have something to rub in his face.

I was hoping for a match up with Georgetown but you got to suck it up and play. This match up scares me. Oregon will be firing on a cylinders tomorrow wait and see.

It didn't matter who Tennessee played, it's likely gonna end with an L either way.

UT rarely plays the Pac 12 in basketball and the last time I remember them doing so was against Southern California back in the 80's.

I expect a lot of l's this year. Not going to lie. I'm just looking for progress as the year goes along. They have potential. Will they achieve it?

Duck! Cover...and Roll - or something.

Barnes has some raw talent - just hope he can coach them up this year.

GBO

Could be a fun game, lots of athleticism on both sides. Unfortunately, that doesn't bode well for us in terms of win probability. Hopefully we'll keep it a game the whole way through and gain some experience and confidence.

VN Store

Back