Barnes updates Jordan Bone's status.

SeniorDrill

"Jordan Bone's stay in the Maui Invitational could be short lived. The Tennessee freshman point guard played seven scoreless minutes off the bench in Monday's 74-62 loss to Wisconsin, missing the start because of an undisclosed left foot injury.
"It just flared up on him a couple days ago," Tennessee coach Rick Barnes said after the loss. "He thought he was okay, but as he went out there he just felt like he started hurting again.
Barnes labeled Bone as "day-to-day" after the game. Bone was seen leaving Lahaina Civic Center with a considerable limp." 247

Hate it for the kid. Hope he has a speedy recovery!

Are they putting a bone softener in the water at TN. Never seen so many injuries in one season.

I hope that stress fracture has been ruled out. Punter had a (UT) career ending stress fracture. McGhee broke his foot two years ago.

He'll be fine I believe, but I assume we won't risk it for the rest of the tournament though.

Injury - thy name is Volunteer.

Yep. Typical for this program. We turn ankles getting out of bed....break a rib taking a deep breath. It's always someone or something. Kids work hard, practice all the way up to the season but when the games begin, the crap starts. Hell, cut to the chase and just apply for the medical RS now and get him ready for next year. In my 50+ years of watching UT sports, I'm hard pressed to remember a year that saw so many injuries in almost every major sport. Baseball, football, basketball. Every single one was bitten. Not really blaming the S&C staff, but I'd turn the whole group over and start from scratch.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep. Typical for this program. We turn ankles getting out of bed....break a rib taking a deep breath. It's always someone or something. Kids work hard, practice all the way up to the season but when the games begin, the crap starts. Hell, cut to the chase and just apply for the medical RS now and get him ready for next year. In my 50+ years of watching UT sports, I'm hard pressed to remember a year that saw so many injuries in almost every major sport. Baseball, football, basketball. Every single one was bitten. Not really blaming the S&C staff, but I'd turn the whole group over and start from scratch.
This has been scrubbed from the bio but is factual. Todd Moyer, the veteran S&C coach hired by DT, was released and Garrett Medenwald, a novice who was the S&C coach at Wisconsin-Whitewater for the track and field team, and who was a graduate assistant for Barnes at Texas was hired.

To me foot injuries connect directly to foot wear. I just don't think the support with these new "designer" looking shoes is the same as the true high top ugly shoes from the past had. Just look at pictures of a player's foot when he is cutting or when his foot rolls over some, I don't see the shoe offer any resistance.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back