In Knoxville: UT leads, 1-0

In Madison: UW leads, 1-0

Neutral Sites: UT leads, 1-0

Current Streak: Wisconsin has won one

Last Meeting: Wisconsin won, 65-62, in Madison, 12/29/01

Barnes vs. Wisconsin: 1-3

Barnes vs. Gard: No meetings

Reactions: 1 person
Freshmen have scored 94 of UT’s 172 points (55 percent) through two games this season.

Redshirt freshman Lamonté Turner is a perfect 14-for-14 at the free-throw line this season.

Vols sophomore Kyle Alexander has set career-highs for scoring in each game this season.

Wisconsin’s ranking may change, as the AP and coaches polls will be updated Monday before tipoff.

Give Tennessee its first win over an AP top-10 opponent (pending Monday’s poll updates) since defeating eighth-ranked Florida Feb. 26, 2013, in Knoxville.

Improve the Vols’ all-time record at the Maui Invitational to 3-4 (.429).

Make Rick Barnes the only coach to lead three different schools to wins at the Maui Invitational.

Wisconsin made a run to the Sweet Sixteen last season under the direction of first-year head coach Greg Gard. The Badgers finished 22-13 (12-6 B1G).

The Badgers received a huge boost in late May when last year's leading scorer Nigel Hayes (15.7 ppg, 5.8 rpg) announced that he was returning for this, his senior year. He is the Big Ten preseason POY.

The All-Big Ten forward is joined by consensus 2016 Big Ten Freshman of the Year and Big Ten All-Defensive Team selection Ethan Happ (12.4 ppg, 7.9 rpg). Also back for the Badgers are starting guard Zak Showalter (7.5 ppg, .346 3FG) and starting forward Vitto Brown (9.7 ppg, 5.0 rpg, .400 3FG).

The Vols and Badgers have met just three times previously, with UT owning a 2-1 edge and a win in the series' only neutral-site clash (a 79-67 victory in the 1981 Far West Classic in Portland, Oregon).

Tennessee is 22-33 all-time against current members of the Big Ten Conference. The Vols' last triumph over a Big Ten foe was a come-from-behind win over Iowa in the "First Four" of the 2014 NCAA Tournament.

Vols head coach Rick Barnes owns a .500 career record against Big Ten teams (28-28) and is 1-3 against Wisconsin.

Reactions: 1 person
thanks YV...gonna be tough for Vols, but, nice place to play, and as always...

GO VOLS!

I'm guessing Phillips and Parker will draw the assgnment of guarding Koenig. If Tennessee can keep him from getting hot and keep the easy lob overs and put backs to a minimum, I like UT in an ugly one. Gotta make some shots from 3 though. That 1-16 crap, or whatever it was against Chatt, aint gonna cut it.

GBO!!!

Yikes... didn't know Wisconsin was ranked #9. I'll be watching but it won't be pretty.

Revoke my fan card everyone. I bet on Wisconsin -14 points. Really hoping that Barnes proves me wrong. Bone looks like a true PG so far.

I'm guessing Phillips and Parker will draw the assgnment of guarding Koenig. If Tennessee can keep him from getting hot and keep the easy lob overs and put backs to a minimum, I like UT in an ugly one. Gotta make some shots from 3 though. That 1-16 crap, or whatever it was against Chatt, aint gonna cut it.

GBO!!!

I swear that dude has been there for ten years

Also I can't watch till later tonight so don't expect a post game report till around 12

Also I can't watch till later tonight so don't expect a post game report till around 12
Your good. Maybe I'll undermine you again and write one before you can. (This is a joke). I know I did that last year, unintentionally.

VN Store

Back