Unofficial TN @ Maui Invitational pre-game(s), M-W 11/21-11/23

Thunder Good-Oil

Monday at 2:30 versus Wisconsin ESPN2

Tuesday versus Georgetown/Oregon

Wednesday versus TBD (UConn, OK State, UNC, or Chaminade)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Monday at 2:30 versus Wisconsin ESPN2
Tuesday versus Georgetown/Oregon
Wednesday versus TBD
Regarding this year's schedule, Slippery Rock, Tennessee Tech, the Maui Invitational, and ETSU were scheduled by the previous coaching staff. The remaining non-conference schedule was by the current staff.

Reactions: 2 people
whew, talk about a tough row to hoe...well, we'll see if they can overcome the "smallness" of the team...gonna be tough, but, as always...

GO VOLS!

I am flying to Maui next Wednesday and plan on seeing this last game. Wish we were playing a little better.

Regarding this year's schedule, Slippery Rock, Tennessee Tech, the Maui Invitational, and ETSU were scheduled by the previous coaching staff. The remaining non-conference schedule was by the current staff.

is there a dig or a point? Or just a subtle observation?

Reactions: 2 people
Don't see this trip ending well for the Vols,that's reality just now. But that doesn't man they won't have fun and grow and learn from the experience.

So I see Creighton beat Wisconsin 79-67 and Georgetown lost by one to Maryland.

So I see Creighton beat Wisconsin 79-67 and Georgetown lost by one to Maryland.

Interested to see us against Wisconsin, a lot of analysts calling them soft last night and saying how their bigs want to stand outside and shoot instead of bang down low...their size advantage may not be as big of an issue as previously thought. If we can get Parker back and push the pace for 40 minutes and make their bigs run I'll be interested to see the outcome, tnink it could be close than previously thought.

Interested to see us against Wisconsin, a lot of analysts calling them soft last night and saying how their bigs want to stand outside and shoot instead of bang down low...their size advantage may not be as big of an issue as previously thought. If we can get Parker back and push the pace for 40 minutes and make their bigs run I'll be interested to see the outcome, tnink it could be close than previously thought.

Love the optimism BTO. I don't have high expectations for this team, but I'm anxious to see how they can develop and progress throughout the year. Certainly a win over a Wisconsin would be a huge confidence booster for these young guys.

Love the optimism BTO. I don't have high expectations for this team, but I'm anxious to see how they can develop and progress throughout the year. Certainly a win over a Wisconsin would be a huge confidence booster for these young guys.

Not predicting a win, but if we make it a game that would be a nice sign.

Nope, just giving a little insight for you guys. I would say Chatt, GT, Presbyterian, NC, Lipscomb, and Gonzaga is even more challenging.

Thanks fer that then. U might be okay to drink a beer with and chat some hoops when yer not on that loony stuff.

Let's say Wisconsin has a cold day shooting. Tennessee can hit 45% of their 3's. We still get out rebounded 42-25. We force 18 turnovers. We make 75% of our free throws. Tennessee wins in upset fashion 68-64.

Or Wisconsin comes out on fire. Tennessee goes 2-25 from 3. We turn the ball over 23 times. Get out rebounded 42-25. We go 12-22 from the free throw line. And Wisconsin wins 83-57.

Or maybe Wisconsin misses their flight and we get a forfeit win.

Yeah. Play flawless and we have a chance. If not it's going to be a 81-63 type game

This tournament will be a good learning experience for a young team and I would like to see UT press Wisconsin while taking the ball inside to Hubbs and Alexander to get their bigs in foul trouble.

1st game is a tough one & probably forces us into the losers bracket. Wisconsin I just don't see us beating them. I know coaches, players, & fans don't like moral victories but this has to be what we're aiming for in this game.

Play our best game & if it's not good enough then so be it. Losing by 6-10 points to a team like Wisconsin wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion. We'll see how things turn out after that depending on who we get in the rest of the tourney.

1st game is a tough one & probably forces us into the losers bracket. Wisconsin I just don't see us beating them. I know coaches, players, & fans don't like moral victories but this has to be what we're aiming for in this game.

Play our best game & if it's not good enough then so be it. Losing by 6-10 points to a team like Wisconsin wouldn't be a bad thing in my opinion. We'll see how things turn out after that depending on who we get in the rest of the tourney.

Let's hope we can make some shots.

Let's hope we can make some shots.

We have some solid offensive players on this team. It's the defense that's lacking thus far. We must pick it up on defense or we're gonna have trouble beating a lot of SEC teams.

We really do have quite a few options on the offensive side of the ball. Literally 5-7 different players could lead us in scoring any given night but it doesn't matter if you're not going to play a lick of defense & foul like a bunch of maniacs.

We have some solid offensive players on this team. It's the defense that's lacking thus far. We must pick it up on defense or we're gonna have trouble beating a lot of SEC teams.

We really do have quite a few options on the offensive side of the ball. Literally 5-7 different players could lead us in scoring any given night but it doesn't matter if you're not going to play a lick of defense & foul like a bunch of maniacs.

Press, Press, Press!!

With the size of this team and somewhat depth of the bench I would have them constantly pressing and trapping.

Use their size and speed as an advantage instead of as a disadvantage in regular man to man or zone where they will get out-rebounded and gashed.

VN Store

Back