Congrats Jarnell Stokes

1985Vols

Makes the Denver Nuggets team. This gives the Vols 4 players in the NBA, Stokes, McRae, Harris and Watson.

Reactions: 8 people
Josh not make it?

Edit: op forgot him.

Josh is injured & going thru rehab. Should be back sometime during the season. I think this is a great fit for Stokes being on the Nuggets as well.

Should see the court quite a bit. I'd say 15-20 minutes per game starting out & then depending on how he's doing he may get more than that or even jump into the starting lineup. Congrats Jarnell. Well deserved buddy. :good!:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Josh is injured & going thru rehab. Should be back sometime during the season. I think this is a great fit for Stokes being on the Nuggets as well.

Should see the court quite a bit. I'd say 15-20 minutes per game starting out & then depending on how he's doing he may get more than that or even jump into the starting lineup. Congrats Jarnell. Well deserved buddy. :good!:

Will be hard to take farieds spot.

Will be hard to take farieds spot.

Are the Nuggets still looking to trade Faried? I know they were trying to shop him around here a couple of weeks before the pre-season started. If they were to end up trading him then I know Jarnell will see more playing time possibly start.

Stokes isn't going to play much.

Nurkic/Jokic/Faried are way ahead of him plus you got Darrell Arthur as a vet. Plus you got Danilo Gallinari who can play some 4

Stokes isn't going to play much.

Nurkic/Jokic/Faried are way ahead of him plus you got Darrell Arthur as a vet. Plus you got Danilo Gallinari who can play some 4

I'd say you're right unless the Nuggets trade Faried or one of those other guys. Gallinari isn't going anywhere that's for sure but I could see one of the others get traded. Maybe even 2 of them. That would allow plenty of room for Jarnell. :)

Jokic is going to start the season as a starter sending Faried to comming of the bench.Arthur is comming off a injury and hasnt played all pre season.Both Jokic and nurkic are good but get in foul trouble alot.I would say Stokes could see 10-15 minutes to start to season.The nuggets like to play small ball so that helps.

My mistake leaving off J Rich with the Heat. That's 5 NBA players which I believe is the most ever at one time for the Vols.

My mistake leaving off J Rich with the Heat. That's 5 NBA players which I believe is the most ever at one time for the Vols.

Probably so. King, Grunfeld, Johnson, and Ellis might have been on rosters at the same time for a year or two.

Howard Wood was almost a 5th, but he was in the CBA and Europe by the time that Ellis came into the NBA. King, Grunfeld, Johnson, and Woods all were on rosters in 1981-82.

Last edited:
Counting the ABA, TN almost had several at once. I don't know if Schultz and A.W. played professionally in the ABA/NBA but Tormohlen, Red Robbins, and Boerwinkle played at the same time and Ron Widby played the year before Boerwinkle joined the Bulls. If Schultz and A.W. Davis played for a year or two they probably were there while G.T. and R.R. were there and possibly Widby's time in New Orkeans (1967).

Stokes can play...he should be able to make any roster, IMO. He is a bully and every team needs that.

Adding an outside shot has to help too. From the couple of d-league games I caught last year it looked like he had taken a big step forward. Hopefully that translates.

Jokic is going to start the season as a starter sending Faried to comming of the bench.Arthur is comming off a injury and hasnt played all pre season.Both Jokic and nurkic are good but get in foul trouble alot.I would say Stokes could see 10-15 minutes to start to season.The nuggets like to play small ball so that helps.

Bold above. That's what I posted in another thread too. About 10-15 minutes per game to start. Maybe more as the season goes if he can play well enough.

I have always doubted J Stokes ability to make it in the NBA. He seemed to be a man without a position. I watched a video today by the Nuggets and he is a new man. He has really put in the work and transformed his body. He is more lean and is not as bulky. He looks much quicker yet retained his strength. Good for him, I hoped he could make it but always had my doubts. It is an incredible transformation. His hard work has paid off.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back