CBS Rankings 1-351

Chatt 93? Good, Wisky won't be our first upset.
Don't count Chatt out. From what I've heard, they return practically everyone from their insane 4 or 5 loss season from last year.

And they beat Georgia last year lol.

Reactions: 1 person
UTC will beat us unfortunately. They could compete in the SEC with the squad from last year and this year. They are just coming off their best regular season ever.

Reactions: 2 people
UTC will beat us unfortunately. They could compete in the SEC with the squad from last year and this year. They are just coming off their best regular season ever.

Is that Will Wade's team or the new coach's team that he recruited?

Don't count Chatt out. From what I've heard, they return practically everyone from their insane 4 or 5 loss season from last year.

And they beat Georgia last year lol.

I go to school at UTC and regularly attend games when there is nothing else to do. They are a very solid team, especially for being from the SoCon, with a lot of returning experience. That being said, eff em. I was bleeding orange long before I started paying for engineering school. Go Vols!!!

Gosh, if UK doesn't go 16-0 it'll be a shame. Not even a good 2nd or 3rd place team this season. At least in some of the last few years we've had someone at least attempt to be good.

Gosh, if UK doesn't go 16-0 it'll be a shame. Not even a good 2nd or 3rd place team this season. At least in some of the last few years we've had someone at least attempt to be good.
That little #89 team, Mississippi State, is recruiting almost on Kentucky's level. IMO, they are the dark horse to finish at the top of the conference. You won't believe this unless you are paying a lot of attention. Their 2016 class finished 9th in the 247 rankings and contains SIX 4* players. ETSU goes to Starkville to play them the week prior to hosting Tennessee.
Mississippi State 2016 Basketball Commits

We always lose stupid games in the SEC. For some reason the SEC always beats itself up.
Think these 3 4* joining Miss State this year can compete with Kentucky's freshmen down low?
6'11", 235# Abdul Ado; 6'9", 251# E.J. Datcher; and 6'10", 260# Schnider Herard.

Isn't Ado the kid that played in Chattanooga?
How did howland manage to steal him from Barnes?

Isn't Ado the kid that played in Chattanooga?
How did howland manage to steal him from Barnes?

That guy plummeted in the rankings like nobody I've ever seen before...at one time he was a 5* top 15 recruit, by the time signing day rolled around most had him ranked outside the top 150. Barnes' went to HHCA early on when he got here to evaluate Ado and quickly determined he wasn't a guy they wanted. There was also some talk that Ado did not handle any of his recruitment, to recruit Ado you had to talk to his people who would then talk to him, if the talent wasn't enough to turn him away the recruitment would've been more than enough, was just never gonna happen.

That guy plummeted in the rankings like nobody I've ever seen before...at one time he was a 5* top 15 recruit, by the time signing day rolled around most had him ranked outside the top 150. Barnes' went to HHCA early on when he got here to evaluate Ado and quickly determined he wasn't a guy they wanted. There was also some talk that Ado did not handle any of his recruitment, to recruit Ado you had to talk to his people who would then talk to him, if the talent wasn't enough to turn him away the recruitment would've been more than enough, was just never gonna happen.

Good info. Thanks.:)

That little #89 team, Mississippi State, is recruiting almost on Kentucky's level. IMO, they are the dark horse to finish at the top of the conference. You won't believe this unless you are paying a lot of attention. Their 2016 class finished 9th in the 247 rankings and contains SIX 4* players. ETSU goes to Starkville to play them the week prior to hosting Tennessee.
Mississippi State 2016 Basketball Commits

Really stretching the facts aren't we?

MSU had six 4*s, yes. But four of those were 80th or lower in the rankings (#26-137 in overall player rankings were given four stars, so those four were mid to low four stars). The other two were 47th and 52nd which puts them slightly above average in the 4* scale. Meanwhile UK got five players in the top 25. All given 5* rankings.

So no. MSU is not recruiting at an "almost UK" level. Few schools recruit better or as good as UK on a yearly basis.

I have been very complementary on MSU in the past. They have gotten two solid classes in a row. I think they definitely have a shot at making huge strides towards contending. But let's see how this team turns out. Their last recruiting class was headlined by what should have been a lottery type player...and we see what happened to him.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back