Do we have any basketball visitors this weekend?

According to 247 Sports, Zach Kent is supposed to visit UT Oct. 15.
I don't know about any others.

Would seem like an ideal time to have some high profile Bball recruits on campus. Even if for 2018 or 2019 .

We have over 70 football prospects coming in this weekend for the Alabama game? Are we trying to impress any of our basketball targets with Neyland on the third Saturday in October?
Tennessee Vols to host impressive list of targets, commits for Alabama game

Zach Kent is expected in on his official visit. 5* 2018 Darius Garland is expected in on his 2nd unofficial of the season, 5* 2019 James Weisman is expected in on an unofficial as well, and also 2019 4* Kobe Brown on an unofficial.

Reactions: 2 people
Zach Kent is expected in on his official visit. 5* 2018 Darius Garland is expected in on his 2nd unofficial of the season, 5* 2019 James Weisman is expected in on an unofficial as well, and also 2019 4* Kobe Brown on an unofficial.

We haven't seen you much lately on the recruiting front so does this mean there just isn't much going on for this year's recruiting?

Reactions: 1 person

Are all of those gonna be here for the Alabama game? I don't think any happening on campus would impress young minds about the University of Tennessee more than that would. Can you report on what they thought after their visits?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Are all of those gonna be here for the Alabama game? I don't think any happening on campus would impress young minds about the University of Tennessee more than that would. Can you report on what they thought after their visits?

All for Bama this weekend, also 2018 JoJo Toppin, and 2019's DJ Burns and Jeremiah Francis will be here as well.

I think those 2 are our legit shots. I'm worried about Stokes now though with all the other visits he has coming up.

That's been the same plan for months now...I'm not sure he ultimately visits UNC though, and Florida may not have room for him depending how long he holds out. I still think it likely comes down to Tennessee vs. Iowa State.

Reactions: 3 people
Wouldn't it be ironic if younger Stokes comes to UT because there is no other scholly's available on the teams he's looking at.

Wouldn't it be ironic if younger Stokes comes to UT because there is no other scholly's available on the teams he's looking at.
What would be ironic is if at 6'8", 285#, Butch recruits him instead of Barnes. He was at one time thinking about playing football instead of basketball.

VN Store

Back