Is the 2-point guard system is redefining ‘small-ball’?

VQ said today that Bone starting at PG with Turner starting at the 2 is a legit possibility as of today. Would seemingly mean you've got Mostella and Phillips coming off the bench on the wings, with a bit of Hubbs at the 3 as well...a lot of talent in the backcourt for this team.

VQ said today that Bone starting at PG with Turner starting at the 2 is a legit possibility as of today. Would seemingly mean you've got Mostella and Phillips coming off the bench on the wings, with a bit of Hubbs at the 3 as well...a lot of talent in the backcourt for this team.
he's also mentioned Qwe in the 4 guard mix.

Can actually see some strategy in the recruiting if the 2 lead guard system is the goal. Smaller forwards add credence.
in stead of behind, maybe he is thinking ahead.
Worked for Nova but they did have the big rim protector for a change up. Adding that 18-19 I guess.

he's also mentioned Qwe in the 4 guard mix.

Can actually see some strategy in the recruiting if the 2 lead guard system is the goal. Smaller forwards add credence.
in stead of behind, maybe he is thinking ahead.
Worked for Nova but they did have the big rim protector for a change up. Adding that 18-19 I guess.

Kyle Alexander might be able to have that role? The TCU game showed glimpses of that.

That's what I'm thinking too

I'm hoping Hubbs in enough shape to play 35-43mins a game. I know we deep with this team number wise but Hubbs a senior so he getting most minutes on the team unless he gets injured or acts up or don't show what he's been showing

35 mins is all but 5 of an entire game. I'm pretty confident in saying neither he nor anyone else will average 43mpg.

I'm hoping Hubbs in enough shape to play 35-43mins a game. I know we deep with this team number wise but Hubbs a senior so he getting most minutes on the team unless he gets injured or acts up or don't show what he's been showing

If we get the Hubbs this season that plays to his potential and remains healthy, this could be a much different team.

Right. It's gonna be weird seeing a pure point guard starting. Been to long.

Guy's a VFL since he was 9 years old. Got a gooood feelin about him.

Watched hours of tape on him. Very high potential. Played on teams mostly where he was the guy. Can be the guy or play the role. either is fine with hiim. IMHO

Interesting trivia.
The last 4 National Champs used the 2 lead guard system.

Barnes may not be senile after all. Guess it's me.

Interesting trivia.
The last 4 National Champs used the 2 lead guard system.

Barnes may not be senile after all. Guess it's me.

I get what you are saying, but calling Russ Smith a lead guard his Junior year is a pretty big stretch. The biggest reason he came back his SR year was to prove to scouts that he could play PG.

VN Store

Back