Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers  
1336 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Keeping up with the transfers Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 10-05-2016, 11:46 PM   #16
tonybologna
VFL

Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder Good-Oil View Post
No, I think he was a senior during Donnie's year.

Chris Clarke had committed along with Schofield and Phillips. Trying to find the guy visiting the day Donnie was fired.
So, are you saying he didn't actually make the team as a player & just came to Knoxville for a visit? He never committed to UT is what you're saying or he did & just didn't play much?

Last edited by tonybologna; 10-05-2016 at 11:51 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-05-2016, 11:48 PM   #17
twoffo

Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Quote:
No, I think he was a senior during Donnie's year.

Chris Clarke had committed along with Schofield and Phillips. Trying to find the guy visiting the day Donnie was fired.
You thinking of Rob Gray? Who ended up at Houston?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #18
Thunder Good-Oil

Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybologna View Post
So, are you saying he didn't actually make the team as a player & just came to Knoxville for a visit? He never committed to UT is what you're saying or he did & just didn't play much?
Donnie kicked Woodson off of the team. I think he played a couple of games... but he was a senior so he's not playing anywhere now.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:02 AM   #19
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoffo View Post
That's him. May not technically be a commitment but I think he was close.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:19 AM   #20
tonybologna
VFL

Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Quote:
That's him. May not technically be a commitment but I think he was close.
I don't even remember him so he must not have committed. I remember the other Gray player that we had that was a star player but never panned out in the NBA.

Can't think of his 1st name though. He was a SG/SF combo. I want to say his first name was Eddie but that doesn't sound right & too long for his 1st name. Dang it!

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:29 AM   #21
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
I don't even remember him so he must not have committed. I remember the other Gray player that we had that was a star player but never panned out in the NBA.

Can't think of his 1st name though. He was a SG/SF combo. I want to say his first name was Eddie but that doesn't sound right & too long for his 1st name. Dang it!
Ed Gray (I can't believe that it was 20 years ago).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gray
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:34 AM   #22
Thunder Good-Oil

Rob Gray wasn't a commit, but Donnie was pretty close getting the commitment when he was blown out for cheating.

Donnie wasn't necessarily going to get Iverson but he made a push. Khalil signed with Wisconsin a month after Tyndall was fired.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:42 AM   #23
tonybologna
VFL

Quote:
Ed Gray (I can't believe that it was 20 years ago).
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gray
Yeah, that was it. I was close. Just had his name to long. Well, I'm sure he went by Ed short for Eddie but I knew we didn't call him Eddie. Thanks!

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:46 AM   #24
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Yeah, that was it. I was close. Just had his name to long. Well, I'm sure he went by Ed short for Eddie but I knew we didn't call him Eddie. Thanks!
Eddie DeBro was a good all-name team member for UT.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 05:12 AM   #25
SeniorDrill

Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Quote:
Still researching.

Rawane Ndiaye isn't listed on the University of Regina's roster.

Chievous was a GR at Hampton last year.

Am I missing any that are still playing somewhere?
You are missing Braxton Key at Alabama and Mario Keglar at Mississippi State, two 4* who were coming to Tennessee. Braxton Bonds was Key's best friend back in Nashville. There was a reason he was walk on at Tennessee.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 05:14 AM   #26
SeniorDrill

Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Quote:
Originally Posted by twoffo View Post
He was a Juco point guard who led Houston in scoring this year. He would have been joined by Key and Keglar in the 2016 class.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 07:01 AM   #27
TNnative
Distributor of Sarcasm

Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Quote:
It will be interesting to see how these guys do with their post TN careers:

Darius Thompson (CCM) - Virginia
A.J. Davis (CCM) - UCF Knights

Tariq Owens (CDT) - St. John's
Jabari McGhee (CDT) - WKU
Willie Carmichael (CDT) - WKU
Braxton Bonds (CDT) - Houston Baptist

Ray Kasongo (CRB) - Iowa State

Also...
Never played/released/decommitted/almost:
Larry Austin (CCM) - Xavier
Jordan Cornish (CCM) - UNLV
Phil Cofer (CCM) - Florida State
CJ Turman (CCM) - FAU (dismissed)
Kingsley Okoroh (CCM) - California
Travon Landry (CCM) - New Mexico State

Chris Clarke (CDT) - Va Tech
Camron Justice (CDT) - Vanderbilt
Romello White (CDT) - Arizona State
Rob Gray (CDT) Houston
Khalil Iverson (CDT) - Wisconsin
Well, I know I would watch this on TV rather than the Kardasicans.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 08:15 AM   #28
Stoked
Deez who? Deez Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeniorDrill View Post
You are missing Braxton Key at Alabama and Mario Keglar at Mississippi State, two 4* who were coming to Tennessee. Braxton Bonds was Key's best friend back in Nashville. There was a reason he was walk on at Tennessee.
Smh add Austin Nichols, Jonathan Williams III, Kevon Loney, and Jaylen Brown to CCM's list if we're doing the what if's bs.

While we're at it let's see what Alex Poythress, Jordan Adams, and Tony Parker are doing since Pearl would have likely signed them.

Last edited by Stoked; 10-06-2016 at 08:19 AM..
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:43 PM   #29
iKrager

Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers Keeping up with the transfers
Rob Gray was practically a silent commit. He was ready to be a Vol and we even had him ON campus the exact day Tyndall got fired. Barnes picked up what Tyndall left and didn't think Rob Gray was talented enough to make an impact here, so we cut our ties with him.
But he was as close to committing as a prospect can be. But Barnes passed him up and we missed an under the radar guy.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 10-06-2016, 12:58 PM   #30
Thunder Good-Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by iKrager View Post
Rob Gray was practically a silent commit. He was ready to be a Vol and we even had him ON campus the exact day Tyndall got fired. Barnes picked up what Tyndall left and didn't think Rob Gray was talented enough to make an impact here, so we cut our ties with him.
But he was as close to committing as a prospect can be. But Barnes passed him up and we missed an under the radar guy.
Do you think Blackwell was close? Cuonzo visited him and he visited UT just before Tyndall's season tipped off.
Reply With Quote TOP