Is the team going to be any good this year?

Would like to see us get back to making the tourney...

Similar results from last year. Vols will be fortunate to make the NIT. When UT spends the money to hire a young, proven coach with a hunger to recruit at a high level then they might get somewhere. Until then, prepare to be frustrated

Reactions: 4 people
Well considering we start off the season in probably the most talented tournament outside of the NCAA tournament we will not see good results in the first half of the season. Combine that with the fact that we will have A LOT of young guys playing. Hopefully we can compete in Maui and it gives our guys confidence going into the rest of the schedule.

We're going to have some excellent point guards. That's something we haven't been able to say in a while. Barnes is taking a slow rebuild approach it seems. Next year we should be a tournament team, if not Barnes needs to retire.

Should have one of the better back courts in the SEC. The challenge is going to be in the front court regarding depth and rebounding.

Football schools are traditionally bad at basketball. :yes:

Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida disagree, and so do schools like UCLA and Michigan St. that seem to do ok at both.

Basketball first schools tend to be bad at football but there are several football schools that do well at basketball.

Reactions: 1 person
No. You go away to the basketball forum! :neener:

huh.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Michigan, Ohio St., Wisconsin, Texas, Oklahoma, Florida disagree, and so do schools like UCLA and Michigan St. that seem to do ok at both.

Basketball first schools tend to be bad at football but there are several football schools that do well at basketball.

Louisville too, lately.

Reactions: 1 person
On paper we got a boat load of guards. If he finds the right combination we should have one of the better back courts in the SEC.

I mean I'm frustrated about his recruiting so far I'd be lying if I didn't say that, but with how we performed in the SEC tournament without KPjr I am still encouraged and looking forward to this year. The guys who made the biggest impact in that game are back. Also keep this in mind. Mostella proved he can score, Hubbs proved he can score, Scholfield proved he can score, and we add Lamonte Turner to that mix. He's a guy who coaches said was close to the best player on the team in practices last year. Shembari has proven he can score as well! We have guards on top of guards who can shoot and score, but the only reason I have doubts along with most of you all is due to the fact that we don't have a lot of quality big men. I however think Lew Evans will be a lot better than Derek Reese, and will be a quality big for us! I'm hopeful for at least an NIT this season.

Reactions: 2 people
I think Mostella builds on what he did last year and has a big year and will be our leading scorer. We really need him and Hubbs to step up big time! We are really a guard heavy team, which isn't terrible because of the way the game is changing. The post game is some what of a dying thing in basketball.

I think Mostella builds on what he did last year and has a big year and will be our leading scorer. We really need him and Hubbs to step up big time! We are really a guard heavy team, which isn't terrible because of the way the game is changing. The post game is some what of a dying thing in basketball.

Worked out pretty good for Villanova

:(

We've got a lot of young guys that will be getting a whole lot more minutes this year. It's difficult to predict how well they'll play. Our OOC schedule looks tough. I think they will exceed expectations based on the talent we saw last year by the freshmen, hubbs III an Mostella battling and improving, and the incoming freshman getting a lot of opportunities.

VN Store

Back