'17 WV PF Chase Johnson

1595306.jpg

Chase Johnson

3* player(Future 150), 6'8" 205lbs., PF, high school senior,
Huntington Prep High School, Huntington, WV,
Class of 2017

Not ranked in the top 150 for most of the main recruiting services. Future 150 has him ranked overall at #144. 247 Sports now has him ranked #110th overall & a 4* player. Thanks for bringing this to my attention rcrrcr.

247 Sports

Scout

Rivals

Max Preps

Future 150

UT has offered.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Except for Greg Bell, UT has not recruited a basketball player from West Virginia in a long while.

Except for Greg Bell, UT has not recruited a basketball player from West Virginia in a long while.

Ah, Greg Bell. Wasn't he on DeVoe's last team who lost in the first round of the NCAA Tourney? I think it was West Virginia that beat us.

I guess, technically, if you mean native West Virginians. However, Tennessee has recruited a bunch of kids from Huntington Prep, and even had a commitment from Travon Landry at one point before a "mutual parting of ways".

Perhaps you meant Tennessee hadn't signed and enrolled a kid from WV in a long time?

That is what I meant was that UT has not signed and enrolled a basketball player from West Virginia in a long time and Bell did play under DeVoe.

I can't post anything right now to say this kid is for sure going to be a Vol. However, I can say there's a good chance that in the not too distant future he's more than likely going to be a Vol.

It would be a decent get but not a great get. Found this out today. Please don't ask me to post anything right now because I can't/not allowed. When it does happen I can post what I know & found out. Thanks!

I can't post anything right now to say this kid is for sure going to be a Vol. However, I can say there's a good chance that in the not too distant future he's more than likely going to be a Vol.

It would be a decent get but not a great get. Found this out today. Please don't ask me to post anything right now because I can't/not allowed. When it does happen I can post what I know & found out. Thanks!

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

I'll let you know in due time. I can tell you a little. Johnson loves UT. He loves CRB. He loves the campus. He loves the Knoxville area. He's also decent friends with a current player on the upcoming 2016 roster.

That is helping an awful lot here. I'm not going to give the current roster's player name because this will just cause more & more questions than answers. Thanks!

I'll let you know in due time. I can tell you a little. Johnson loves UT. He loves CRB. He loves the campus. He loves the Knoxville area. He's also decent friends with a current player on the upcoming 2016 roster.

That is helping an awful lot here. I'm not going to give the current roster's player name because this will just cause more & more questions than answers. Thanks!
This seems odd as we've never heard anything about him being a visitor to campus?

He is a 4 star and 110th rated player on 247 sports. He is a three star everywhere else. He has grown an inch and blown up in the last year.

That's not true bud. 247 Sports doesn't even have a full profile up for him yet: Chase Johnson, Huntington Prep, Power Forward

Everything says N/A so his profile is very incomplete. Why did you try to pull that one off when it can be easily checked? :wink: Actually when you click on his full offer list, they do have him listed as a 3* ranking here: Chase Johnson Recruit Interests

He's not a 4* on 247 Sports though so don't know where you got that one. Thanks!

He will get a chance (no pun) to prove himself at H Prep.
Lots of quality players to compete for playing time.

He will get a chance (no pun) to prove himself at H Prep.
Lots of quality players to compete for playing time.

That is very true in what you just said there. They have a team loaded with pretty good players. I haven't checked yet & don't know even if the high school ranking have been released yet but are they ranked in the top 25 schools nationally this year? Thanks!

That's not true bud. 247 Sports doesn't even have a full profile up for him yet: Chase Johnson, Huntington Prep, Power Forward

Everything says N/A so his profile is very incomplete. Why did you try to pull that one off when it can be easily checked? :wink: Actually when you click on his full offer list, they do have him listed as a 3* ranking here: Chase Johnson Recruit Interests

He's not a 4* on 247 Sports though so don't know where you got that one. Thanks!

You owe the OP an apology...Chase's profile has not been updated, much like Isaiah Stokes, however if you look in the rankings you see him listed. Here's a screenshot for you...

Attachments

• IMG_0396.jpg
    IMG_0396.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: 4 people

It may not be true but I was just going on what I saw on Govols247. Maybe it is a misprint but I do not think so. Here is the link. Tennessee 2017 Basketball Targets

You owe the OP an apology...Chase's profile has not been updated, much like Isaiah Stokes, however if you look in the rankings you see him listed. Here's a screenshot for you...

Not really because I look players up individually & not go to the team page unless I'm looking for recruits that we might be after. I'll apologize anyhow because that's just how I am. I don't think I done anything wrong because I didn't us it the same way as he did but I'll be a man & do it. Thanks!

It may not be true but I was just going on what I saw on Govols247. Maybe it is a misprint but I do not think so. Here is the link. Tennessee 2017 Basketball Targets

I'm sorry buddy. I was looking for the recruit individually thru Google & that's the results you get from 247 Sports. They haven't updated Chase Johnson's profile in a good while it appears.

You used the team ranking/offers page which has him updated in the rankings. This is something that 247 Sports needs to work on doing better at. Again, sorry for accusing you of being wrong. Thanks!

BTW, I edited the 1st post & have you credited for letting me know about this.

Last edited:
Not really because I look players up individually & not go to the team page unless I'm looking for recruits that we might be after. I'll apologize anyhow because that's just how I am. I don't think I done anything wrong because I didn't us it the same way as he did but I'll be a man & do it. Thanks!

I'm sorry buddy. I was looking for the recruit individually thru Google & that's the results you get from 247 Sports. They haven't updated Chase Johnson's profile in a good while it appears.

You used the team ranking/offers page which has him updated in the rankings. This is something that 247 Sports needs to work on doing better at. Again, sorry for accusing you of being wrong. Thanks!

BTW, I edited the 1st post & have you credited for letting me know about this.

No worries Man! Go Vols!!!!

Rob Lewis is saying Chase Johnson is coming in on an unofficial visit this weekend. Looks like things are heating up between him and the Vols.

Rob Lewis is saying Chase Johnson is coming in on an unofficial visit this weekend. Looks like things are heating up between him and the Vols.

Major props to Tony Bologna if this comes to fruition, seems odd that it would be unofficial unless he has plans to return for an official later on.

VN Store

Back