'19 TN PF James Wiseman

4_4635568.jpg

James Wiseman

5* player
(Rivals, ESPN, & 247 Sports), 6'10" 200lbs., PF, *.9970 composite score,
Ensworth High School, TN
high school sophomore
Class of 2019

#3 PF & #9th ranked recruit overall in the 2019 class by 247 Sports. ESPN has Wiseman ranked #13th overall in their 2019 class. Rivals has this kid ranked #10th in their 2019 class.

247 Sports

Scout

Max Preps

Rivals

ESPN

UT has offered. Local talent so we need to reel him in. Bama, UF, Texas, Vandy, & Duke are all other offers to date. We can't let this type of in-state talent get away from us. GO VOLS!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
What are our chances with this guy? It can't hurt that we have a proven HC who can develop players.

Now that Walker has committed and Kent has signed and hopefully, we get Pons, Wiseman has to be our number 1 guy for 2019. Yes, he is an in-state guy, which can't hurt, but in basketball, I don't think it's as big of a factor as it would be in football. Coach Barnes will probably be competing against the blue bloods of college basketball to get this guy. I think back to back NCAA tourney bids would really help our case and getting this kid could lead to a chain reaction torwards better recruiting ratings. U noticed, I said ratings, because CRB's classes have been outstanding despite the rankings. He has brought in the kids that fit his system and they are producing and winning. I would like to see where the 2016 class ranks after the season ends

Now that Walker has committed and Kent has signed and hopefully, we get Pons, Wiseman has to be our number 1 guy for 2019. Yes, he is an in-state guy, which can't hurt, but in basketball, I don't think it's as big of a factor as it would be in football. Coach Barnes will probably be competing against the blue bloods of college basketball to get this guy. I think back to back NCAA tourney bids would really help our case and getting this kid could lead to a chain reaction torwards better recruiting ratings. U noticed, I said ratings, because CRB's classes have been outstanding despite the rankings. He has brought in the kids that fit his system and they are producing and winning. I would like to see where the 2016 class ranks after the season ends

Back to back tournament appearances would be huge. Is Wiseman a one and done player?

I don't know. IMO, his body would not be ready for the NBA after one year.

I don't think its possible for his body to change that much after one year. He has the body of a ballet dancer compared to where he would need to be to play the 4 in the league.

I don't think its possible for his body to change that much after one year. He has the body of a ballet dancer compared to where he would need to be to play the 4 in the league.

I agree with u completely. I would think he would need at least 3 years, with the Rock and his S/C program b4 he would be ready for the NBA. But, kids make bad decisions all the time and they
get bad advice, all the time.

I may be wrong, but isn't Rock going to handle the S/C for all the sports at UT?

I agree with u completely. I would think he would need at least 3 years, with the Rock and his S/C program b4 he would be ready for the NBA. But, kids make bad decisions all the time and they
get bad advice, all the time.

I may be wrong, but isn't Rock going to handle the S/C for all the sports at UT?

no

Thought he was and that was the justification for his salary.

I did 2. But, I am, occasionally wrong. Either way, Wiseman will need more than one year in any college level S&C b4 he is ready, to handle the grown-ass men in the NBA

VN Store

Back