1445 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on '18 TN PG Darius Garland Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 11-02-2016, 10:15 AM   #16
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

'18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland
'18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallasbowlin View Post
Let's be honest, Tyndall would have a shot. He might not do it clean, though. Lol
Some of you guys should just stop watching sports if you're going to be so miserable all the time.

Why would Tyndall have a better shot than Barnes? Because he'd agree to get someone to do his homework for him?

Hopefully Florida blasts them next week and Butch Jones is fired on the spot.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 10:42 AM   #17
Dallasbowlin

'18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolsSportsFan View Post
Some of you guys should just stop watching sports if you're going to be so miserable all the time.

Why would Tyndall have a better shot than Barnes? Because he'd agree to get someone to do his homework for him?
More than likely. Lol
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 10:56 AM   #18
Stoked
Deez who? Deez Vols

'18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland
Quote:
More than likely. Lol
Yeah he has a long track record at landing 5 stars...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 10:59 AM   #19
Lefteye

'18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
Yeah he has a long track record at landing 5 starters, 6 main courses and 7 desserts...
Fify
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 11:09 AM   #20
Dallasbowlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked View Post
Yeah he has a long track record at landing 5 stars...
I'm not serious.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 12:19 PM   #21
Special Ed
Massive Member

'18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland
A Snippet:

The 6-foot-1, 170-pound point guard and Scout five-star prospect from the 2018 class ranks as the No. 12 talent in the nation. Joining him on his Rocky Top trip was his father Winston Garland, who played seven seasons in the NBA before wrapping up his career in Italy.

"We enjoyed the whole experience of what Tennessee has to offer and the basketball program," the former pro told InsideTennessee. "Coach Barnes is a real treat to talk to about his experience and what he plans to do with the team. We just enjoyed talking basketball with him.

"The goal was to get Darius on campus and show him the first-class facilities they have and to get a feel for Ol' Rocky Top. We toured the campus, and it's a beautiful campus.

"Darius is also good friends with Jordan Bone and Jordan had some real insightful things to say about how he's enjoying his time up at UT. It was a good visit all-around for him."

"There's no front-runner now," father Garland said. "It's great he's able to take some unofficials but he's not leaning one way or another.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 12:40 PM   #22
JustWin1

'18 TN PG Darius Garland
I didn't see offers from Auburn or Cal ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by vols 30 View Post
If Bruce or even Cuonzo was still here, then maybe UT would have a shot.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 01:15 PM   #23
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteye View Post
Fify
You keep focused, we got a World Series to win tonight.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 01:20 PM   #24
Lefteye

Quote:
You keep focused, we got a World Series to win tonight.
I've been useless all day man. One more win.

You hear Charlie Sheen is going to be there? I want him to cut his hair amd sport those nerdy glasseslike in the movie. Then come running from the outfield and throw the first pitch.

Then them Cubbies just lay the wood. No pun
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #25
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Quote:

You hear Charlie Sheen is going to be there? I want him to cut his hair amd sport those nerdy glasseslike in the movie. Then come running from the outfield and throw the first pitch.

Lol, I heard about his tweet where he bashed the Indians for not letting him throw out the first pitch of a game.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 01:23 PM   #26
vols 30

Quote:
I'm not serious.
Water is wet
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-02-2016, 01:44 PM   #27
Thunder Good-Oil

'18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland '18 TN PG Darius Garland
Quote:
Lol, I heard about his tweet where he bashed the Indians for not letting him throw out the first pitch of a game.
He's a pathetic, diseased tool. Good for the Indians for not embracing that scum bag.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-03-2016, 12:36 AM   #28
VolsSportsFan
BJ>PJ

Quote:

And it is done.

Reply With Quote TOP
Old 11-03-2016, 10:27 AM   #29
Lefteye

Quote:
And it is done.
My man said it best...

natureboyricflair.jpg

"Whether you like it or not, learn to love it, because its the best thing going. Wooooo!"
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 02-04-2017, 01:02 PM   #30
 zjcvols 
GROWN ASS MAN

Just watched some film on this good. He's good.

First things first, he's a point guard. The basketball is natural in his hands. He does a great job being efficient with his moves. He doesn't overdo anything. He also is a very gifted passer. I always look in high school where A) A player anticipates a pass and B) Where he locates the pass. He's elite at both. He has excellent timing in the PNR and he's very good at getting in the rim, drawing the defense in, and being quick with his passes. He's got a very good first step and also knows how to use screens to beat his man off the dribble.

He's a good scorer. I saw highlight tapes (not actual game film) so I saw all the good but I love that he can finish with either hand and due to his size has learned a floater in the lane that he can use. It's also quick to get over taller defenders. Also not afraid to use the glass. Good body control. Made some nice moves to create space in the air and finish. Also can do that with his passing ability.

Nice form on this shot. Shoots it a little under and and a little out in front for my liking but he has good follow through. He also can get it off really quick and looks balanced when he rises up to shoot. Can definitely be a shooter.

One thing I noticed (or didn't find) in his game on watching was a pull up jump shot. Now he does a great job using floaters within 12 feet but I didn't find anything in the 15-18 feet range. A part of this can definitely be at his age and level he hasn't needed one yet but for a point guard that pull up jumper can be very beneficial.

No defensive tape but he's definitely 5'11/6'0 and I didn't notice very long arms or big hands or anything about his body that suggests great defender but that doesn't mean he can't be a good one. Really hard to guess anything with highlights.

If I had to make an NBA comparison, think right handed Mike Conley. Good shooter, very good using either hand to finish, excellent floater, and knows how to play the position. I think he's a better passer but probably won't be the defender that Mike is. But again, he is 16/17. Either way, I definitely can see why he's rated so high.
Reply With Quote TOP