Isaiah Stokes comments from his visit

Fingers

“Tennessee was great. I went to the football game, and the fans were tremendous. They always show a lot of love. That’s one thing I’ve always loved about Tennessee. But that was my first time going to a football game, and that was crazy. I mean, 100,000 people … wow. They’re great fans.

“The visit was great, man. It really was. It was great.”

“Meeting Coach Barnes in person was great,” Stokes said. “That man’s a legend. He is. He’s a legend. He’s a great coach. He’s coached a lot of greats, and he’s put lots of people in the pros. That was my first time having a face-to-face convo with him and, you know, having a whole weekend with him. It was a lot of fun.

“Off the court, he’s a good guy. On the court, you know, he wants the best out of you and coaches you hard, and that’s what all the players told me. I’m going off feedback from the players there. The things I saw off the court were great, too. He’s just a really good guy.”

“I haven’t cut my list down or anything like that,” he said. “I’m always open to any coach that has an interest to me. Those are just the five schools I’m gonna take a visit to. I mean, I feel like I’m gonna commit maybe after New Year’s or something, but I really want to take these visits first and see how the schools are — you know, the schools that are the most interested in me. Once you go to schools and really sit down and get to know the coaches and everybody, you’ll know which one is home.

“When all the visits are done, you should know in your head which one is the right one.”
Rucker

Unimpressive player. Assume he will transfer down to a mid-major so he has a chance at playing time.

He should’ve played football in college instead of basketball. He was never half the basketball player that Jarnell was.

Hyams reported that TN isn't interested in signing Stokes. He said that there was an "incident" that occurred on his official visit a couple of years ago.

I really like CRB's no BS approach. Totally opposit from 2 of the previous 3 coaches that had a let's see how much BS we can get away with approach.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
He should’ve played football in college instead of basketball. He was never half the basketball player that Jarnell was.

He looked like an out of shape tub of lard anytime he got on the floor at UF. No D1 school should want to waste a scholly on him.

Hyams reported that TN isn't interested in signing Stokes. He said that there was an "incident" that occurred on his official visit a couple of years ago.

I really like CRB's no BS approach. Totally opposit from 2 of the previous 3 coaches that had a let's see how much BS we can get away with approach.
Soooo....he came on an OV to UT and then based on that OV the coaches at UT did not pursue him after that. But I was told that type of thing doesn't happen. Interesting.

Would like to know what the incident was. Did anyone ask?

Someone should go to VQ and ask, I don’t see the problem in letting it out. Other than to just respect Jarnell, which I can understand.

Someone should go to VQ and ask, I don’t see the problem in letting it out. Other than to just respect Jarnell, which I can understand.

i heard a rumor about him stealing a laptop. this could be total bs though

VN Store

Back