Sports Illustrated "Sophomores Poised to Breakout"

iKrager

3. Admiral Schofield, 6' 4" SF/PF, Tennessee

Freshman minutes per game: 18.7
Freshman points per game: 7.6
%s of team possessions used / shots taken: 19.2 / 22.2 (but 23.4 in SEC play)
Offensive efficiency rating: 114.3

Tennessee’s version of smallball was to use the 6' 4" Schofield as its starting power forward for portions of ‘15–16. He’s built like an NFL linebacker—his brother is former Falcons and Seahawks linebacker O’Brien Schofield—and he reportedly dropped 30 pounds as a freshman to get to his playing weight of 240. The sorta-slimmed-down Schofield was the Vols’ best interior finisher (making 53.6% of his twos), best free-throw shooter (at 88.0%), and a threat to make an occasional three. The offensive load he handled during SEC play—using 23.4% of Tennessee’s possessions with an offensive rating of 111.3—was well above the typical projection for a three-star recruit debuting in a major conference, and it sets him up to emerge as Vols’ No. 2 scorer as a sophomore.

KU'''s Carlton Bragg Jr. leads Breakout Sophomore Formula | SI.com

Reactions: 4 people
Workhorse that does a little bit of everything. If he can shoot the 3 ball at a higher clip he could average 12-15 per game this year, to go with about 6-9 rbs.

Should be a more entertaining team to watch with all the young talent. Admiral is a beast and the incoming freshman have talent. Expect a lot of mistakes early in the season that make you scratch your head though.

Admiral may just be our most determined player.
I think he deserves a promotion.

Would he even be here if it had not been for Tyndall? Many, including myself, were suspicious about his 3* status.

So far, proving that his scholarship was warranted!

He's done something no coach we have had has ever done. Go to the final four. How he got there is irrelevant. I will say though, he should've went all the way with durant, but didn't.

Reactions: 1 person
He's done something no coach we have had has ever done. Go to the final four. How he got there is irrelevant. I will say though, he should've went all the way with durant, but didn't.

Yeah he had a good chance to with KD but as us OKC fans know KD isn't always the clutches player when it comes to big games. Not many superstar freshman lead their teams to a NCAA Championship. Melo and AD are the only ones recently that come to mind and AD had a hell of a team around him.

Wasn't this thread already heavily edited because of the Tyndall posts? Why do it again Buzz?

VN Store

Back