How many of you don't follow the football team?

SeniorDrill

Just wondering if any are basketball only. How about women's basketball? Do you all enjoy that?

I guess I'll respond seriously for once...

Love basketball obviously first but love football as well (even though I have minimal experience with the ins/outs of the game). I've said it many times, but when football is good the people really care about it here. It's the stupid fans who are ignorant when they brag to only care about basketball. Give us a 8-9 win team, with the right setting we would fill up a 75k stadium regardless of Keeneland imo.

As for the womens basketball...meh. Honestly just haven't gotten into it. I play basketball with girls sometimes when they show up, but as for watching it, it's hard.

Tennessee is a football school first. That being said, I pretty much watch all sports (m&w basketball, softball, baseball). I actually attended a Tennessee basketball game before I did a football game, and I've been to a few baseball games and women's games as well.

Last edited:
I guess I'll respond seriously for once...

Love basketball obviously first but love football as well (even though I have minimal experience with the ins/outs of the game). I've said it many times, but when football is good the people really care about it here. It's the stupid fans who are ignorant when they brag to only care about basketball. Give us a 8-9 win team, with the right setting we would fill up a 75k stadium regardless of Keeneland imo.

As for the womens basketball...meh. Honestly just haven't gotten into it. I play basketball with girls sometimes when they show up, but as for watching it, it's hard.

The best part of co-Ed basketball is the post. Haha

The best part of co-Ed basketball is the post. Haha

I remember once in HS, during PE, our sub (instead of the football coach), was probably a 20s something young woman. Very attractive. To a bunch of 15-17 year olds, the dream. She ended up being super athletic, super awesome to play with. I got to guard her and vice versa, and me being somewhat polite (put differently by my peers with some other words that I shall not post), tried my best not to create a lot of contact. But man she went hard for rebounds and played tough, so it was hard to avoid. Good game.

Tennessee is a football school first. That being said, I pretty much watch all sports (m&w basketball, softball, baseball). I actually attended a Tennessee basketball game before I did a football game.

Come to think about it, so did I. Stokely 1966 Vols vs LSU, Tom Boerwinkle vs Pete Maravich. Yeah, we lost. Maravich was like a sniper.

I remember once in HS, during PE, our sub (instead of the football coach), was probably a 20s something young woman. Very attractive. To a bunch of 15-17 year olds, the dream. She ended up being super athletic, super awesome to play with. I got to guard her and vice versa, and me being somewhat polite (put differently by my peers with some other words that I shall not post), tried my best not to create a lot of contact. But man she went hard for rebounds and played tough, so it was hard to avoid. Good game.
I find it awkward to play against girls, you don't want to be too physical because you'd feel awful if you accidentally hurt one, but you Also don't want her dropping 30 on you.... Fine line. Lol

I find it awkward to play against girls, you don't want to be too physical because you'd feel awful if you accidentally hurt one, but you Also don't want her dropping 30 on you.... Fine line. Lol

I was awkward until 17 or 18, then whatever. It's a game. I have lots of friends, girls, who are very good and can handle themselves. They want to play the same and treated the same.

I was awkward until 17 or 18, then whatever. It's a game. I have lots of friends, girls, who are very good and can handle themselves. They want to play the same and treated the same.

Same lol. I'm just now at the point where I'll block one. No empathic seats though. Haha

Same lol. I'm just now at the point where I'll block one. No empathic seats though. Haha

There's still some moments where I'll hesitate and go easy, but then they'll hit a three in my face or something so I usually show no mercy and bother them to death.

well i do watch a lot of the Lady Vols basketball,the men off and on at best,if you want to watch championship basket ball,it is the Ladys

<<<<<<<<< see ? count em too,bless her heart

I bleed orange. Season ticket holder in football, used to make most BB games (men and women) and some baseball games when I lived in Knoxville.

I even attended a UT ice hockey (club) game against UNC at the Ice Chalet(?) back in the 80's.

I attend every FB game and men's BB game.

I love every TN te that competes in all other sports (especially Track, Softball, and Swimming). TN dominated in men's indoor/outdoor track and cross country before Arkansas came to the SEC. Football stars were track stars. TN won 28 or 29 of 30 of indoor/outdoor/cc over a 10 year run. Chuck Rohe and Stan Huntsman had it rolling. I hate Texas for stealing Huntsman. I don't like Doug Brown for being a turn coat "VFL". Speaking of DB, a friend of mine married a guy that ran for DB. She told me that DB had moobs as a side effect of the steroids he was abusing when he ran.

I've always been basketball preferred. I'll still watch football but hoops has always been number 1 for me.

Football first then basketball but I had season tickets in basketball from 2008-2012. Some of my best sporting event moments came at TBA. Played both in Junior high and freshman year of high school. I definitely live on every possession in football. I can take a bad loss in basketball a lot easier.

These were my seats at the Battle at Bristol. Awesomeness!
58625-albums962-picture5646.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back