The team has shrunk even more!

pdogg

The updated roster has Admiral at 6'4, Grant Williams at 6'5, Jordan Bowden at 6'1, Kwe Parker, 6'0, Lamonte Turner 6'0, Fulkerson 6'7 and Lew Evans at 6'7. At least Kyle Alexander is 6'10 and Shembari 6'3.

Reactions: 4 people
Barnes is on the way to not listing heights and weights like he did at Texas. Check his rosters there. I guess he likes to think he might win a game or two by making opposing teams overconfident. That's the only reason I can think of. Remember he did the same thing last year. I guess half a loaf is better than none. We now are smaller than any team we play. That's how you play small ball. Would that help or hurt recruiting?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The updated roster has Admiral at 6'4, Grant Williams at 6'5, Jordan Bowden at 6'1, Kwe Parker, 6'0, Lamonte Turner 6'0, Fulkerson 6'7 and Lew Evans at 6'7. At least Kyle Alexander is 6'10 and Shembari 6'3.

Hubbs is now 6'5 lol. Does Barnes do this to play mind games with opponents or what?

Reactions: 1 person
It would be funny if we learned that CRB had nothing to do with listing players heights and weights. Some trainer, GA, or administrative assistant possibly handles posting these.I think the only people worried about the heights listed on the roster are in the stands and VN.
NBA and NFL combines accurately measure players and usually players are much shorter than listed in college. BTW, I do wish we had more height, but hopefully we have lots of heart.

Maybe, and I say just maybe if a taller recruit see's there is no one as tall as himself on the roster then he will be able to walk in and take over. Recruiting ploy, maybe ?

small ball...:eek:lol:...sorry, had a flashback to Coach Serrano. No, small ball won't win here...:no:

GO VOLS!

I can promise you Jordan Bowden is taller than 6'1".

Looks as if Barnes lists players by actual height. Rather than the standard +2" that the vast majority of coaches list players.

Get ready for munchkin ball.:blink:

All of a sudden yall are surprised we're playing small again?
I started a thread about it while back and everyone was ,LIKE, duh ya think.

I am 6'4" and I saw Hubbs at the mall last week and he is every bit of 6'5" or 6'6" FWIW

He looked more like about 6'4 MAYBE 6'5. I'm 6'3 and he is barely taller than me. He was in front of me in line at Marshall's in Turkey Creek with his gf.

We sure could use some 7 footers right now...hey Dallas, could you teach Barnes how to use a tape measure real fast?

Looks as if Barnes lists players by actual height. Rather than the standard +2" that the vast majority of coaches list players.

Metamora Redbirds huh ? Football crazy town and near me. Nice to know theres more Vols fans around here.

VN Store

Back