Hart retiring in 2017 (effect on basketball)

jknox33

I know this speculative and we are talking the future, but this is the off-season. Hart will be retiring and the likely replacement choice should be David Blackburn at UTC. Please don't hear what I'm not saying. I'm not trying to get rid of Barnes. However, whenever he chooses to retire, I believe having Blackburn here will be attractive to, say, Will Wade. Any thoughts on how a new AD will impact our beloved ball program?

I posted the same thing and it was moved to the FF forum, just in case you think you've gone crazy. It took me 10 minutes to figure out what happened. Just in case this one gets moved too.

Reactions: 1 person
I posted the same thing and it was moved to the FF forum, just in case you think you've gone crazy. It took me 10 minutes to figure out what happened. Just in case this one gets moved too.

I understand it. Hopefully with me putting a spin on it to discuss the impact on bball, it can keep he discussion here in this forum (which is the only one I basically visit).

I understand it. Hopefully with me putting a spin on it to discuss the impact on bball, it can keep he discussion here in this forum (which is the only one I basically visit).

Maybe a mod can add "effect on basketball" to the title as Hart threads have been merged from here and the Lady Vols forum.

Reactions: 1 person
I know this speculative and we are talking the future, but this is the off-season. Hart will be retiring and the likely replacement choice should be David Blackburn at UTC. Please don't hear what I'm not saying. I'm not trying to get rid of Barnes. However, whenever he chooses to retire, I believe having Blackburn here will be attractive to, say, Will Wade. Any thoughts on how a new AD will impact our beloved ball program?

I know that Wade can recruit, since many of the players who were at VCU under Shaka Smart had been recruited by him. Also, he took D'Riante Jenkins who was on our radar last year and VCU is one of 3 programs listed in the hunt for Isaiah Stokes for the class of '17.

Jimmy Cheek being gone is more meaningful. The long lead time given to us by Hart is a courtesy and blessing to go find an AD. He also did that after clearing the way for the next AD to inherit a situation in the black not the red.

That said, I hope we can bring back the Lady Vols sports.

Reactions: 2 people
I think CRB stays for the duration of his current contract and if he does well a little extension could be tacked on at some point. JMHO.

VN Store

Back