Recap of summer workouts

Interesting tid-bit. Coach Lanier (I think can't remember off the top of my head.) says that every player is getting better or is trying their hardest except one. Then goes on to talk about Kyle Alexander and says that he's slackin motor wise because "his jump hook is getting better." Take that as you will.

I wonder what he means by everyone is working hard except for one. Who could it be?

I wonder what he means by everyone is working hard except for one. Who could it be?

Sounded like he was talking about everybody but one being in both summer school sessions and working out. The one would be grad transfer Lew Evans who couldn't be there until July.

Sounded like he was talking about everybody but one being in both summer school sessions and working out. The one would be grad transfer Lew Evans who couldn't be there until July.

That could be true.

Coach Oliver said the summer has been going great and that the guys have all been in now for two sessions of summer school except for one guy, which is most likely Evans because he got in late. Coach Lanier mentioned Alexander's motor and ability to run the floor were the main things that stood out when they were recruiting him. With him focusing on improving his offensive game, Coach Lanier basically said he had to be careful about going away from his strengths while focusing on other things. There was nothing in this clip where either coach said everyone was working hard but one guy. Is there another clip somewhere???

Coach Oliver said the summer has been going great and that the guys have all been in now for two sessions of summer school except for one guy, which is most likely Evans because he got in late. Coach Lanier mentioned Alexander's motor and ability to run the floor were the main things that stood out when they were recruiting him. With him focusing on improving his offensive game, Coach Lanier basically said he had to be careful about going away from his strengths while focusing on other things. There was nothing in this clip where either coach said everyone was working hard but one guy. Is there another clip somewhere???

He says that Kyle is having some problems, he didn't say he flat out wasn't trying.

First 30 seconds. He says everyone is here and working hard... except for one. Seems like it was a poorly worded way of saying one guy wasn't in town yet.

First 30 seconds. He says everyone is here and working hard... except for one. Seems like it was a poorly worded way of saying one guy wasn't in town yet.

Yeah, just the way he acted too. Why not name him? It's no big deal, though.

Probably should know, but why isn't Evans working out with the team yet?

I like having these guys on our coaching staff, but I'm more impressed with Schwartz after seeing this video:

Michael Schwartz Bio - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

I think he's a great addition to the staff and may even be the first of our assistants to be offered a head-coaching job somewhere.

I really like Lanier as well, and I think he could become our head coach in waiting. The guy knows his stuff, and he has a history of good recruiting as well. Could be wrong, but I like him a lot.

I really like Lanier as well, and I think he could become our head coach in waiting. The guy knows his stuff, and he has a history of good recruiting as well. Could be wrong, but I like him a lot.

I like Lanier and all but I'm hoping for Wade. His style is exciting and he can recruit. With him being from Tennessee I could see him coming home to us. Plus we could pay more than VCU and our program should atleast be stable after the RB era.

I like Lanier and all but I'm hoping for Wade. His style is exciting and he can recruit. With him being from Tennessee I could see him coming home to us. Plus we could pay more than VCU and our program should atleast be stable after the RB era.

And hopefully he keeps Lanier. Two proven recruiters on one team.

Wade isn't leaving VCU for a crap-shoot job in the SEC Guaranteed.

Reactions: 2 people
Wade isn't leaving VCU for a crap-shoot job in the SEC Guaranteed.

TN is his home state. TN can also pay him more and offer better facilities and staffing. Plus VCU isn't even in a P5 conference. Hopefully the cupboard won't be bare after CRB era so it should be attractive.

Pearl showed what a competent coach can achieve at TN. The right guy could take it and earn $100,000,000 over a career if they take TN to the level it was at Pearl's peak.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back