Update on Vols in the NBA Summer Leage

iKrager

Josh Richardson - playing with the Miami Heat scored 17 pts on 7-14 shooting.

Armani Moore - playing with the Indian Pacers in the Orlando summer league which already started (first game 1 steal and 1 assist).

Kevin Punter - playing with the Minnesota Timberwolves in the Las Vegas summer league starting Friday.

Jordan McRae - playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers in the Vegas summer league starting Friday.
:hi:

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Armani or Punter have a chance to work their way onto a roster.

I'd like to see McRae show out and be able to earn some meaningful minutes next year. Delly is gone so that helps.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't think Armani or Punter have a chance to work their way onto a roster.

I'd like to see McRae show out and be able to earn some meaningful minutes next year. Delly is gone so that helps.

AM doesn't but perhaps punter can stick around and have a chance at some point

I'd be curious to see how a team of Tennessee players would fare in the summer league. Hopson, McRae, Richardson, Moore and punter . Would be undersized but insanely athletic.

I'd be curious to see how a team of Tennessee players would fare in the summer league. Hopson, McRae, Richardson, Moore and punter . Would be undersized but insanely athletic.

You can't do a Vol team without the absolute best Vol in the NBA, Tobias Harris. Richardson might pass him soon as the best though.

Reactions: 1 person
You can't do a Vol team without the absolute best Vol in the NBA, Tobias Harris. Richardson might pass him soon as the best though.

Truuu but he not gonna be playing in the summer league now and all of them are but maybe Jarnell he might play one or maybe 2 games but he'll be ready for the dleague again unless he called up.

If we're just talking summer league need Chris Lofton, the best Vol not in the NBA on there for sure too. Grab Weezy and Jajuan and lets ride.

Cj Watson, Chris Lofton, Tobias Harris, Jarnell Stokes, Wayne Chism.

J Rich or Jajuan as 6th man.
That's a tough one for me because Jajuan is one of my all time favorite Vols, but Rich is better defensively.

That's a tough one for me because Jajuan is one of my all time favorite Vols, but Rich is better defensively.

Jajuan is one of my favorites as well...and while he's not JRich on defense, I do recall him having a ton of steals. Seems like he could always get a takeaway when we needed it most.

If Jarnell isn't playing in the Summer Leagues then where is he headed? Can he still play in the D-League after 2 years? I assume so but will he still play for the Sky Force who were champions last season?

I can't believe he's not on some NBA teams roster myself. 2015-16 D-League MVP with an improved jump shot now?

I watched several games of his & he dominated whoever guarded him. It didn't matter if the defender was taller or shorter.

He dominated every single one of them. He deserves to be playing now for an NBA team. He's earned that right if you ask me. I say he'll get picked up when training camp begins by some team. He's just shown too much improvement to not be playing in the NBA now.

I don't expect him to start for any team but I do expect him to be a contributor though. Maybe get 10-18 minutes per game depending on which team he signs with.

I don't believe Hopson will ever make an NBA roster but I'd like for him to do so. Why in the world did Cleveland sign Hopson to that contract a couple of years ago?

Now, they have another former Vol in McRae for next season signed. McRae can provide something for Cleveland though but not Hopson. If J.R. Smith does leave the Cavs McRae will see way more playing time.

I'd say 15-20 minutes per game if J.R. Smith leaves. If not, he's going to be another bench warmer & see playing time only when there's a blowout either way.

He got that title ring already though! His 1st official season in the NBA & get a ring. Way to go McRae! Leaving Phoenix after your 2nd 10-day contract there paid off bigtime for you afterall. :)

I wonder how an all-Tenn team of current NBA and pro players would fare against another team of all one college. An all Kentucky team would win I'm sure, as would Dook. But with what talent tenn has playing in pros, I'd say they'd give most any other team a run for its money.

Hopson, JRich, Harris, Stokes, Lofton, JuJuan, McRae, Chism, etc

I Don't follow the NBA as much as most on here, so it kind of surprised me to see Josh playing in a summer league. Isn't it mainly for rookies or players that are trying to make a team?

I Don't follow the NBA as much as most on here, so it kind of surprised me to see Josh playing in a summer league. Isn't it mainly for rookies or players that are trying to make a team?

Players usually play up until they've been in the league for 2 years. Sometimes 3.

Pretty sure Stokes will be playing in a couple days when the one in Vegas starts.He had a good work out for teams about a month ago.The spurs ans mavs are a couple of the teams that like him.With a good showing in Vegas he should be back in the league next year.

Pretty sure Stokes will be playing in a couple days when the one in Vegas starts.He had a good work out for teams about a month ago.The spurs ans mavs are a couple of the teams that like him.With a good showing in Vegas he should be back in the league next year.

Stokes is not listed from the player index for the 2016 NBA Summer League. Just also noticed Punter is not listed but I thought he was going to be on the Orlando Magic summer league team.

Maybe it's not been fully updated yet. Armani Morris isn't listed either so I don't know what's up with that player index page.

Last edited:
Stokes is not listed from the player index for the 2016 NBA Summer League. Just also noticed Punter is not listed but I thought he was going to be on the Orlando Magic summer league team. Maybe it's not been fully updated yet.

Timberwolves.

VN Store

Back