Alexander now feels like he belongs

kamoshika

"I don't want to mistake activity for achievement," Alexander said. "I don't think I accomplished as much as I could have or should have last year. I'm looking to accomplish a lot more this year."

Alexander remembers failing to record a single stat in 15 minutes against Butler — "That was bad," he quipped — and disappearing in other games. After his good games, praise from his friends and from fans on social media rang hollow, because Alexander knew it only mattered if he produced at that level consistently.

Though he hasn't added much in the way of weight, Alexander feels and looks like a stronger player, and he insists his comfort level is night-and-day different compared to his first year with the Volunteers.

Vols' Kyle Alexander now feels like he belongs | Times Free Press

If I was coach of a player who played 15 minutes in one game and produced nothing whatsoever, I'd have to be pretty desperate to put him on the floor again.

Let's give the kid a break. He didn't play BB until he was 16. He probably played against inferior competition. He is in a foreign country. He was a freshman.

Reactions: 8 people
If I was coach of a player who played 15 minutes in one game and produced nothing whatsoever, I'd have to be pretty desperate to put him on the floor again.

Stupid coach. Should have taken another choice from the herd of other SEC ready 6-9 to 6-10 posts that he had waiting at the end of his own bench.

Reactions: 3 people
Let's give the kid a break. He didn't play BB until he was 16. He probably played against inferior competition. He is in a foreign country. He was a freshman.

?!! The foreign country is Canada where the competition has produced two #1 overall NBA draft picks. He played at the academy and AAU ball with Thon Maker, Jamal Murray and others.

Stupid coach. Should have taken another choice from the herd of other SEC ready 6-9 to 6-10 posts that he had waiting at the end of his own bench.

Failing that, he could motivate said goldbrick to actually do something while he's on the floor. Even mediocre players can make a difference by putting forth effort. If he'd prefer to just watch the game, he can do that from the stands.

?!! The foreign country is Canada where the competition has produced two #1 overall NBA draft picks. He played at the academy and AAU ball with Thon Maker, Jamal Murray and others.

He said that he is in a foreign country now as in the US.

Failing that, he could motivate said goldbrick to actually do something while he's on the floor. Even mediocre players can make a difference by putting forth effort. If he'd prefer to just watch the game, he can do that from the stands.

:eek:lol: I laughed.

VN Store

Back