Official Basketball Forum NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Stoked

The draft is this Thursday. Who would you get with the first pick?

NBA Draft Rumors: Celtics-76ers Trade Talks Heat Up; Is Jahlil Okafor Heading To Boston? | Boston Celtics | NESN.com

This could be interesting. The Celtics really like Okafor and there are rumors that they may trade their 3rd pick to the 76ers for him. That would allow the 76ers to get Simmons and Kris Dunn in the draft. It would be a good trade for both teams.

I want Simmons very badly.....not sureabout trading Okafor to Boston bc that is something that will most likely come back to bite the Sixers for the rest of his career.

I want Simmons very badly.....not sureabout trading Okafor to Boston bc that is something that will most likely come back to bite the Sixers for the rest of his career.

Yeah I agree because I think Okafor will be a great player. But they need a pg really bad. Getting Kris Dunn or Jamal Murray (who is probably more of a two) might be worth it. Simmons, Dario Saric, Noel, Embiid, and Murray/Dunn would be a good young core. Plus I think they have 2 more late first round picks.

This...............any scenario that doesn't end with Philly getting Simmons would be a complete failure.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah I agree because I think Okafor will be a great player. But they need a pg really bad. Getting Kris Dunn or Jamal Murray (who is probably more of a two) might be worth it. Simmons, Dario Saric, Noel, Embiid, and Murray/Dunn would be a good young core. Plus I think they have 2 more late first round picks.
Yup, the 24th and 26th.

1. Simmons
2. Ingram
3. Dragan Bender

Can't keep a guy with the name dragan off the board for long.

Just focusing on college players that are getting top 15 talk...

Simmons, Sabonis, B Johnson, and Valentine are the only guys I feel confident about. I like Hield outside of his passing. I think B Ingram, J Murray, Poeltl, and D Davis have good potential.

I don't like Jaylen Brown, Labissiere, outside his D I don't like Kris Dunn, Marquese Chriss is unproven, Ellenson is unproven.

Rumor has it Toronto will take him. If they let DeRozan walk and they pursue Batum, I will be convinced they are playing Moneyball.

I would take Ingram. He will be he next Durant. And I hate Duke.

They're similar in stature and scoring style, but Durant's college stats were so much better in terms of points, 2P%, FT%, rebounds, steals, and blocks. It's not even close. I would expect him to be a poor man's Durant.

This...............any scenario that doesn't end with Philly getting Simmons would be a complete failure.

Have you seen the new videos that ford put out....Man Ben looks like a beast(so skilled). He also worked out for the sixers today. Cue the it's happening gif.

If you were the 76er's would you take Russell and the Lakers 2nd pick for the 1st overall pick? Simmons is going to be really good in the NBA but I don't think he wants to be in Philly.

Russell, Ingram, Okafor, Noel, Embiid, and Saric would be a strong young core.

Have you seen the new videos that ford put out....Man Ben looks like a beast(so skilled). He also worked out for the sixers today. Cue the it's happening gif.

The way he just disappeared in big games or when things didn't go his way, and how he failed to be a leader doesn't concern you at all?

I wouldn't. I was iffy about Russell coming into the draft and then he didn't play well in his rookie year. He also successfully alienated himself from the entire team.

If you were the 76er's would you take Russell and the Lakers 2nd pick for the 1st overall pick? Simmons is going to be really good in the NBA but I don't think he wants to be in Philly.

Simmons needs to go to either an already quality team/stable team, or to somewhere that already has an established young star who is the alpha male. IMO Simmons is not the caliber of player, maybe mentally as much as anything, to join a crappy team and do what it takes on and off the court to turn them around. Jmo

Does Skal's game remind anyone else of Channing Frye's? Or is it just me?

The way he just disappeared in big games or when things didn't go his way, and how he failed to be a leader doesn't concern you at all?

It would if he hadn't played at LSU..... That team is always dysfunctional and its bc of their coach... He works his a$$ off at his game and that's good enough for me

No way

It would if he hadn't played at LSU..... That team is always dysfunctional and its bc of their coach... He works his a$$ off at his game and that's good enough for me

That's definitely the flip side to the aguement, his ceiling is higher than anyone in the draft, I just don't see him reaching that ceiling with the sixers.

He's a teenager. Leadership and professionalism is a lot easier to learn than the skill set he offers.

You have to be willing to learn those things though, and he showed very little signs of that while a at LSU, where he played for a relative. People have compared Simmons to Lebron for over a year, Lebron instantly made the Cavs a contender, I don't see Simmons having near that impact.

VN Store

Back