Rocky Top League - 2016

Thunder Good-Oil

Per the KNS UT BB beat writer (Grant Ramey)

Six of UT's seven basketball newcomers will play in Rocky Top League. Only exception is grad transfer Lew Evans. Starts June 15 at Catholic.

http://www.rockytopbasketballleague.com

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Rocky Top League draft is June 8. Games are June 15, 17, 20, 22, 27, 29

This would be weird... Wednesday/Friday instead of Monday/Wednesday.

Last edited:
The RTL is a great indicator of future performance. If you can score against the lockdown defense played in the RTL, then you will have a great college career.

Forgot the blue font

How many games a day and what time do they usually start?

I think they have been starting at 6, 7:30, and 9. The last day is the consolation and championship game... 6 and 7:30 I think.

6 teams... they play round robin for the first 5 night and then 1 plays 2 and 3 plays 4 on the 6th night.

The RTL website is always slow to update, but they do have the copyright changed to 2016.

I like it, this is a good way for the new guys to get in shape, back when I was living in Knoxville the games were run and gun, wasn't crazy to see multiple players over 40 points in a single game.

Boo Williams, Cam Tatum, Skylar McBee and Bobby Maze always seemed to put on a show. It's always the second-tier guys it seems. The gym at Bearden high school used to get so hot.

I can see the rosters being a little thin on Friday nights tho. Especially the 9 o'clock game.

I still haven't heard anything on the radio about it. A poster on another board copied and pasted the tweets by the guy from the KNS... looks legit. I haven't looked at his tweets directly. @ GrantRamey... around 5/24 I think.

I like it, this is a good way for the new guys to get in shape, back when I was living in Knoxville the games were run and gun, wasn't crazy to see multiple players over 40 points in a single game.

Boo Williams, Cam Tatum, Skylar McBee and Bobby Maze always seemed to put on a show. It's always the second-tier guys it seems. The gym at Bearden high school used to get so hot.

But the best players played there hands down

The RTL is a great indicator of future performance. If you can score against the lockdown defense played in the RTL, then you will have a great college career.

Forgot the blue font

Hey, SeniorDrill is back 😄

Rock Top League GOAT = Brandon Lopez!

On a side note, what is the over/under on how many people Kwe Parker puts on a poster?

Rock Top League GOAT = Brandon Lopez!

On a side note, what is the over/under on how many people Kwe Parker puts on a poster?

Ima say this b.Lopez ain't no goat in rocky top he Avg Maybe 20 he should have enough on fast breaks maybe like Mostella did.

I remember Jordan Howell before his senior year going off for 40 and I knew then. We were going to have a special season unfortunately Chris wasnt well and never hit full potential.

VN Store

Back