Lamonte Turner learned from sitting out...

This thread headline should read instead "Lamonte's got the answers to the test."

Or thats what I would have used instead :p

I felt like he was already a high IQ player to begin with. With last season being more of a learning experience, I feel he won't hit that freshman wall so hard this season. I think he'll surprise a lot of casual fans.

Reactions: 1 person
Turner was a big-time get when he committed to Tennessee. Will basically be like adding another 4-star to this recruiting class. Having a true point guard will help this team so much. Wish we could have had him last year. Would have freed up Punter to solely play the two.

460x.jpg

"I feel like it's kind of cheating to let somebody sit there and watch the game and learn so much stuff and then play the next year just because of all you can learn," Turner said. "I've learned so much that it's almost like having the answers to a test, you know what I'm saying? That's how I feel right now. I feel like I have the answers to the test."

"They have like a father-and-son relationship," said Turner's mother, Amanda Simpson. "Coach Barnes is crazy about Lamonte, and Lamonte has the utmost respect for coach Barnes."

Vols' Turner says he benefited from not playing last season | NCAA Men's Basketball

Last year while the a Turner appeal was being considered by the NCAA it was said that if Lemonte' gained his eligibility he would immediately become the best player on the roster. That was before Punter's huge progress was obvious though.

Hoping this guy has a breakout season. If we get good (& consistent) production from Hubbs, Mostella and Turner then I like our NIT chances. As of right now I expect another sub .500 year.

VN Store

Back