6: Hubbs
7: Alexander
8: Bone
9: Parker
10: Johnson
11: Williams
12: Fulkerson

I'm thinking Fulkerson gets a RS.

I agree! Hope no one gets injured and forces Fulkerson to burn the red shirt season. Looks like he needs to hit the weight room and to also get mean and agressive.

Me too, unless he steps up in a big way and acts like he actually wants to be out there.

I'll be surprised if he finishes the season.
He and Barnes just don't sync. Be a mysterious season ending injury and off to Europe.

I'm hoping that at least one then freshman redshirts. The freshman class is massive and it would be nice to split it up a bit. I honestly think Bowden might be one of the best true freshman on the team this year. The most ready at least. He has an extra year on all of them since he went to prep school right?

Naw any of the new players won't come in and start they might get some starts not no full time starters. Hubbs is starting I don't doubt that he's a senior but that's not my reason for him to start. Evans and kyle will have the most exciting news about who going to start it will be back and forth for a while untill the starting of the season. I got kyle startING but I'm not sleeping on evans.

My vote is:
PG: Turner
SG: Phillips
SF: Mostella
PF: Schofield
C: Evans
6: Hubbs
7: Alexander
8: Bone
9: Parker
10: Johnson
11: Williams
12: Fulkerson

I'm thinking Fulkerson gets a RS.

I'll be surprised if Fulkerson is a RS due to his height. I think if anybody RSs it will be a guard. It would be ideal to RS Fulkerson, but with just the one SR and one JR IMO they'll need everybody available to play.

I bet one or two true freshmen crack the starting lineup before the season expires.

To start the season

Turner
Mostella
Hubbs
Schofield
Alexander

By the end of the season

Turner
Parker
Hubbs
Williams
Evans

Reactions: 1 person
To start the season.

Turner
Mostella
Hubbs
AS
KA

Phillips
Parker
Evans
Williams
Bone
Johnson
Fulk.

Parker will move to sixth man or starter by years end. He has too much talent. If Evans is starting we are in trouble. He is coming to be a role player. He only started 16 games for a bad USU team. AS had about the same stats as a true freshman playing better comp. I don't see Evans starting over him or Alexander. Don't count out Grant Williams down low either. He will play a lot. He has already produced versus big time talent.

To start the season.

Turner
Mostella
Hubbs
AS
KA

Phillips
Parker
Evans
Williams
Bone
Johnson
Fulk.

Parker will move to sixth man or starter by years end. He has too much talent. If Evans is starting we are in trouble. He is coming to be a role player. He only started 16 games for a bad USU team. AS had about the same stats as a true freshman playing better comp. I don't see Evans starting over him or Alexander. Don't count out Grant Williams down low either. He will play a lot. He has already produced versus big time talent.
True on Evans, but he's more experienced than any player we have. Maybe he wants to prove something, and will have a good season. He and ka are interchangeable for me towards the end of the season, it could be either one.

To start the season

Turner
Mostella
Hubbs
Schofield
Alexander

By the end of the season

Turner
Parker
Hubbs
Williams
Evans

Unless he gets injured or suspended or TN adds another player (Yurtseven) then it's a near certainty that Evans will be a starter all
year. If Alexander has crazy improvement, he could take the Evans or Schofield spot, but that would surprise me. Experience is very important for players at that age. Hubbs or Mostella could sleep walk and lose a spot... Alexander and Evans at 4/5 and Schofield moves to a small forward/wing.

IMO Evans won't be a role player... he'll be the best player in the paint.

Unless he gets injured or suspended or TN adds another player (Yurtseven) then it's a near certainty that Evans will be a starter all
year. If Alexander has crazy improvement, he could take the Evans or Schofield spot, but that would surprise me. Experience is very important for players at that age. Hubbs or Mostella could sleep walk and lose a spot... Alexander and Evans at 4/5 and Schofield moves to a small forward/wing.

All true, not so sure on Evans being the best in the paint for us, but I agree with the rest.

Why would a [player that was average vs eak competition be better now? AS will be our best. He matched what Evans did as a true fr in the SEC. Williams will surprise some people too. I think people are hyping and overrating Evans way too much. He is a one year stop gap role player. He isn't coming in to take minutes from players developing for the future.

Actually, I think that Evans will be a "role" player... just not an "off the bench role player". I think he'll be the "glue"... will do a lot of things well, not necessarily dominating in any one area. The kind of stuff you need from an upperclassman. He'll be as happy setting a key pick on a play as he would making an assist or a basket. Real good addition IMO... this team needs solid leadership.

Why would a [player that was average vs eak competition be better now? AS will be our best. He matched what Evans did as a true fr in the SEC. Williams will surprise some people too. I think people are hyping and overrating Evans way too much. He is a one year stop gap role player. He isn't coming in to take minutes from players developing for the future.

He sat out year before last. He'll be more productive minus the hiatus. Schofield is a physical freak. Evans has experience. That conference isn't that far behind the SEC if you exclude KY. San Diego State was pretty good.

Wow, that's bold!

Jerry Meyer says he is the most SEC ready of any signee for the Vols in this class.

Maybe not as bold of a prediction by me as many would think. People are sleeping on him because he is a local kid who's stock didn't rise until late in the process.

I think he is better than or as good as a handful of guards who got a lot of starts for us last year.

Last edited:
Jerry Meyer says he is the most SEC ready of any signee for the Vols in this class.

Maybe not as bold of a prediction by me as many would think. People are sleeping on him because he is a local kid who's stock didn't rise until late in the process.

I think he is better than or as good as a handful of guards who got a lot of starts for us last year.

He's gonna be good. Might be a good shooter for us next year.

VN Store

Back