Grad transfer Lew Evans commits to Vols

johnnybravo

Lew Evans, a grad transfer from Utah State, has committed to TN. Avg 8.4 ppg and 5.6 rpg last season.

Reactions: 7 people
A win/win, it adds size to the roster along with some flexibility in the post, also keeps an open scholarship for the 2017 class.

Would expect him to play both the 4&5, probably get 20-25mpg, and average in the neighborhood of 8&6 a game.

If anything this addition doesn't force you to play Alexander 35mpg at the 5, and also keeps you from having to play Fulkerson at the 5 this year most likely.

Think having a roster of 13, if we can stay healthy, will allow at least 1 and possibly 2 of the freshman to redshirt.

Reactions: 12 people
I think this also gives CRB and his staff the option of redshirting Fulkerson so he can add some weight if they need to do that.

If you have never seen this guy he actually could play a BIG 3. I know he will not but he can handle the ball. Has a decent outside shot. He will be very valuable at the 4 and 5 this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Good pick up. Love the flexibility it gives us. If Evans can give us 10 points and 7 rebounds a game then it will be a great signing. Wonder what happens with Yurtseven??

Good pick up. Love the flexibility it gives us. If Evans can give us 10 points and 7 rebounds a game then it will be a great signing. Wonder what happens with Yurtseven??

Nothing different than before, if Yurtseven wants to be a Vol he will be.

Solid pickup. Makes me feel better about the post play now next year.

Jimmy interviewed him on the Sports Animal earlier and he said that he took more charges than the rest of his team combined. He also talked about being a leader and took pride in offensive rebounding. I liked what I heard from the guy. (I will go back to lurking now)

Reactions: 8 people
Any footage on this fella? Can't seem to find any on YouTube that is less than 4 years old

VN Store

Back