Jalen Johnson takes flight!

Man we have some guys that can jump out of the gym in this class. Parker, Bowden, and Johnson. Will be fun watching that translate to games.

Reactions: 2 people
It would be super cool for UT to have its version of Phi Slamma Jamma in tne next couple years. They certainly have the leaping ability.

Man we have some guys that can jump out of the gym in this class. Parker, Bowden, and Johnson. Will be fun watching that translate to games.

This is a really good point, I hope so too. It seems like for every Jordan McRae there are 3 Detrick Mostella's. I love Detrick, and I think he is in line to be a solid contributor for us this year, especially around the peremeter. But after two seasons we have yet to see a glimmer of the slashing and inside scoring that we saw in his high school highlights.

Having someone who can consistently drive into a crowded lane and finish with the hammer is really underrated in my opinion. There were times, especially leading up to and during the sweet 16 run in 2014 where McRae would completely change the momentum of the game by taking a rebound coast to coast and end with the flush.

Quality post, Stoked. Surprised this hasn't been discussed more.

Reactions: 1 person
This is a really good point, I hope so too. It seems like for every Jordan McRae there are 3 Detrick Mostella's. I love Detrick, and I think he is in line to be a solid contributor for us this year, especially around the peremeter. But after two seasons we have yet to see a glimmer of the slashing and inside scoring that we saw in his high school highlights.

Having someone who can consistently drive into a crowded lane and finish with the hammer is really underrated in my opinion. There were times, especially leading up to and during the sweet 16 run in 2014 where McRae would completely change the momentum of the game by taking a rebound coast to coast and end with the flush.

Mostella is on about the same pace of development McRae took.

He can't dribble enough to be a main ball handler and just like Hubbs it hurts his game,.

VN Store

Back