recruits at game?

I don't know. But I hate the fact that we have no PR covering basketball recruiting, that I know of. Or maybe Barnes just doesn't get Tennessee athletics.

It is literally the prime time to have recruits over during the Spring game/football games to show how passionate our fanbase is. AND that you can have a lot of fun with our students :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I don't know about recruits. But saw a handful of current and former players today. Walked past me while I was waiting in line for concession stand... Admiral, Armani, Shembarri, Lamonte Turner, a few others and got a fist bump from KP. I will admiral is a big solid dude, really excited about his potential.

I don't know. But I hate the fact that we have no PR covering basketball recruiting, that I know of. Or maybe Barnes just doesn't get Tennessee athletics.

It is literally the prime time to have recruits over during the Spring game/football games to show how passionate our fanbase is. AND that you can have a lot of fun with our students :D

You must be new to college basketball - this weekend was the first spring eval period. Coaches are on the road recruiting. Coaches can not meet with or host players until Monday and that goes until Thursday - next Friday is the 2nd eval period.

Reactions: 4 people

It was also the very first live period of AAU, so you're basically saying 1. These kids should've bailed on their AAU teams 2. Barnes and staff shouldn't have gone out recruiting and instead stayed on campus???

Reactions: 1 person
Barnes really isn't the PT Barnum of cbb. I'm like JW1 and would like to see more articles and hear more news to keep the fans engaged. Stories on players conditioning in summer the upcoming RTL, hell, anything about the mens team. I assure you the KNS and the womens program put out 3x the info on the Lady Vols as the men are getting right now. As far as recruiting tactics I'm not gonna criticize Barnes until we have more time in the program to see how well his style works. There's probably a perceived reason by him to be low key IMO. :matrix:

I def disagree. If basketball recruits came for a visit over the weekend, they would see how this school goes balls out for football and puts basketball on the back burner. Our "passionate fans" are really ****ty basketball fans.

Our fans aren't ****ty basketball fans, if
You give them a reason not to be. So far, Barnes hasn't helped that. Hope he becomes more engaged.

Reactions: 1 person
Our fans aren't ****ty basketball fans, if
You give them a reason not to be. So far, Barnes hasn't helped that. Hope he becomes more engaged.

I was unwisely exaggerating, what I said is not fully true. Plus I forgot that AI was there, so that probably would have been a sweet trip.

I just hate how it seems like this school has so so so many resources for its sports, I just wish we'd go balls out for the #2 college sport in America.

Idk, maybe I'm way off base here.

I was unwisely exaggerating, what I said is not fully true. Plus I forgot that AI was there, so that probably would have been a sweet trip.

I just hate how it seems like this school has so so so many resources for its sports, I just wish we'd go balls out for the #2 college sport in America.

I agree fully.

Beginning to think we need a change at the 'Booger eater' level to become a 2 sport school.

VN Store

Back