Jarnell Stokes D League MVP

Hope so but from that list of former D League MVPs IDK -- alot of bad NBA teams that could use a guy like Stokes

Reactions: 1 person
He has to make an NBA team next season. He has developed a jump shot up to 15-18 feet out now so that should help him in the NBA. He has been dominating under the basket this season.

He can shoot with both his right & left hands up to 5-8 feet out too. I've watched several of his games this season. He's improved so much since leaving UT. He still needs to use his big strong upper body better on defense though. He gets beat a lot himself even though he whips others too. He also play with absolutely no emotion whatsoever.

I feel like if he developed a go get 'em type attitude he could get even better. He is always the same even keel no matter the score or situation. I wished he'd get some fire under him sometimes. I know some players just don't have that type personality but if he does look out NBA.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, he is a man without a position in the NBA. He can make more overseas than in D League.

Reactions: 5 people
It would be nice to see him catch on. It took Whiteside a few years

Hassan is 7 ft with a 7'7 wingspan. Rarely goes outside 10 ft. Nearly 4 blocks a game. Much different player than Jarnell can ever hope to be.

Obviously. I'm just saying that it's possible to succeed after not having it early.

You can only do what you can do so Congrats to Jarnell...Hope he gets a chance, kid has a lot of heart. #VFL

Unfortunately, he is a man without a position in the NBA. He can make more overseas than in D League.

Not totally true. He can be a #4 PF guy just like Chick Hayes did for the Rockets for years when he couldn't shoot a lick. He was just a rebounder/scrapper & defender at 6'6". That's all he could do.

Jarnell is a little taller & even stronger as well. He can make an NBA team & get playing time. But, you are right! He might end up making more money in Europe than he can here in the USA.

Obviously. I'm just saying that it's possible to succeed after not having it early.

On a side note, Hassan gave the greatest interview ever after getting a triple double with blocks last year, saying, "im just out here trying to get my 2k rating up". He was soooo lowly rated at the time.

i nearly fell off the couch laughing at that

On a side note, Hassan gave the greatest interview ever after getting a triple double with blocks last year, saying, "im just out here trying to get my 2k rating up". He was soooo lowly rated at the time.

That's awesome

Lol and that he did. He's rated in the 80-85 range now.

VN Store

Back