Kwe Parker could become one of Tennessee's most athletic players in history?

VolFreakJosh

“Don’t you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby!”
Kwe Parker Is The BEST Dunker In High School! 6'2 Guard With BOUNCE! - YouTube

The last player in a Tennessee Jersey that I could remember who was an athletic freak was Scotty Hopson. Now Parker's overall game isn't as polished as Hopson's in high school but I believe he's more athletic and has better ball handling from what I seen so far. With some good coaching and a couple of years in the weight room to bulk up, he could become a great player for us. He possibly could even become one of Tennessee's most athletic players. Now we all know he won't be getting easy dunks in college but he's already shown that he has elite athleticsm. If he combines that with his shot, watch out!

Reactions: 5 people
Reactions: 1 person
Hopson would take over half the game off and never play defense. Maybe did a few minutes of O work in most games. Not sure how you can compare the two athletically. Hopefully Parker gives it much more effort.

Reactions: 2 people
Bernard King was among the most athletic basketball players in UT history along with Ron Slay and Isaiah Victor and Vincent Yarbrough.

Reactions: 4 people
The most athletic I ever saw was David Moss. Had he not be stricken he would have been a sight to see.

Exactly I was just thinking yal are sleeping on Deitrick from at least a pure athletic standpoint. And with the way J-Rich making ESPN Top-10 every week, he could be argued as well. None the less I definitely think Kwe has that bounce spring in his leg type thing that reminds me of R. Westbrook.

They are talking most athletic not highest vertical.I saw Isaiah Victor was a dunkin mad man and had a nice shot.to bad he was so skinny
Both him and Marcus Haislip could have used a better strength and conditioning coach.and Haislip was one of many UT athletes I can remember got the wrong advice and left after their junior year.IF he had came back for senior season I think he was talented enough he could have been an all american.if he would have played for a coach like pearl he would have flourished.most here no the other UT athletes that left after junior year when they should have returned for senior season.in football the two most recent was Tyler Bray and Carrington sentimore both of these guys had piss pour advisors.

Reactions: 2 people
i'd trade athletic for a couple of one legged shooters that could fill it it up all nite every nite and and some 8 foot wings spans with size 20 shoes.

Reactions: 4 people
i'd trade athletic for a couple of one legged shooters that could fill it it up all nite every nite and and some 8 foot wings spans with size 20 shoes.

Totally agree. Almost all of those listed in this thread failed to meet their potential.

Being athletic and being a good basketball player are extremely different things. Example. Armani as a freshman could jump out of the gym. As a Senior was smart enough to know how to use his ability to his benefit.

I always enjoyed watching JaJuan Smith play. he played D league for a long time but was just a few inches too short. He and Lofton were great together.

Marcus haislip did some pretty athletic and amazing things on the court. Just wanted to throw that name out there. I really loved the Tony Harris, Yarborough, haislip, slay etc. Teams...they had a mean streak in them and weren't scared to mix it up physically and talk that trash!!..but haislip was undersized in the paint and rose above most centers and power forwards regularly.

VN Store

Back