New basketball hire: Schwartz to replace Ogden

Reactions: 1 person
Who is our assistant that Yurtseven follows on Twitter? It wasn't Ogden, was it?

Last edited:
No more than the fact that Steve Forbes was with Bruce Pearl for several years. He's worked out well for ETSU so far.

Well supposedly Forbes is the one that lied first and they all decided to back his story. So there's that. Forbes is a really good coach though.

Forbes is on the list as a possible head coach at Memphis according to today's KNS and Schwartz has California ties so that could help UT in landing some top California prospects.

Forbes is on the list as a possible head coach according to today's KNS and Schwartz has California ties so that could help UT in landing some top California prospects.

I think that's a pipe dream. Yes he has west coast ties but I doubt we could get a foothold there. I do like he hire from a schematics and chemistry stand point. Also we will miss Ogden and I wish him all the best.

Forbes is on the list as a possible head coach at Memphis according to today's KNS and Schwartz has California ties so that could help UT in landing some top California prospects.

Forbes would kill it in Memphis from a recruiting perspective. He would build a fence around the city that no one would break thru.

Forbes would kill it in Memphis from a recruiting perspective. He would build a fence around the city that no one would break thru.

Not sure how well that would translate though, Pastner knocked recruiting Memphis out of the park early, but kids who disliked each other and outside influences being all around the program with various ties to kids caused some major problems for Pastner. Cal took very few Memphis kids and I think Pastner learned why rather quickly.

Not sure how well that would translate though, Pastner knocked recruiting Memphis out of the park early, but kids who disliked each other and outside influences being all around the program with various ties to kids caused some major problems for Pastner. Cal took very few Memphis kids and I think Pastner learned why rather quickly.

True. I was just speaking to his recruiting ties in the Memphis area.

BTO, who we gonna hire as assistant coach to replace Ogden? I trust Barnes to make a good hire. Just want your thoughts on if it's this guy or the guy at Texas or someone else.

However, I got the feeling that Pastner was still learning how to deal with discipline and getting players to play together. Forbes knows Memphis, and I think he is a better bench coach.

Well supposedly Forbes is the one that lied first and they all decided to back his story. So there's that. Forbes is a really good coach though.

That's because 99% of coaches rarely rat on their own coach. That's career suicide. He was screwed either way.

VN Store

Back