Ray Kasongo to transfer

bleedingTNorange

There you have it folks, official now.

Tennessee's Ray Kasongo will transfer, source told @CBSSports. Two years of eligibility remaining.

Reactions: 1 person
The first domino falls, so now who is the big man we land for this year? That question will need to be answered by a kid in this class IMO.

Either one of those two horses in the McDonalds High School game would be just fine.

Reactions: 2 people
We in a good position now with one Scholly open we should bring in some good size some one who can Avg atleast 7 down low

We in a good position now with one Scholly open we should bring in some good size some one who can Avg atleast 7 down low

5-7 ppg down low will suffice, but the big thing is getting 10 rpg. We need those rebounds, and second chance opportunities.

Thanks for being a Vol. Good luck young man.

Exactly. Also gotta give him props for not pouting and quitting mid-season when it was clear by his minutes that he was not going to be a part of the regular game plan. I know we hoped his game would translate much faster/better than it did, but his attitude and maturity(during games cause thats all I see) earned my respect.

Best of luck to him.

Reactions: 4 people
The question has to be do we play it for 2016 or 2017. Go get a transfer who'll start next year, or do we get a transfer who plays in 2017? I think play for 2016, and get a grad transfer to have 2 scholarships available for 2017. I think that's the way to go. Hubbs and a senior grad transfer graduate after this season, and we get 2 solid players in the 2017 class.

The question has to be do we play it for 2016 or 2017. Go get a transfer who'll start next year, or do we get a transfer who plays in 2017? I think play for 2016, and get a grad transfer to have 2 scholarships available for 2017. I think that's the way to go. Hubbs and a senior grad transfer graduate after this season, and we get 2 solid players in the 2017 class.

It probably depends on who's available and interested, they likely go with the better player, whether that is a transfer who has to sit or a graduate transfer is probably yet to be determined.

It's very possible they will have a hard time getting a top shelf big man graduate transfer, those guys are gonna be highly sought after and will likely want to be on a near lock of a NCAAT team, Tennessee doesn't offer that.

My guess is you'll see Tennessee continue to pop up like they already have with some guys, and the staff will gauge genuine interest and bring 2-3 on campus in hopes of landing 1.

JMO
Personality and coaching style conflict from day 1.
if he gets with the right coach he'll do well.

JMO
Personality and coaching style conflict from day 1.
if he gets with the right coach he'll do well.

Barnes has coached that way for 20+ years. Did RayK not do his research? It's curious he chose to play for Barnes. I mean, it's not like he got stuck with him like Hubbs, Reese, Punter, Baulkman, and McGhee did.

Reactions: 2 people
Barnes has coached that way for 20+ years. Did RayK not do his research? It's curious he chose to play for Barnes. I mean, it's not like he got stuck with him like Hubbs, Reese, Punter, Baulkman, and McGhee did.

Kasongor must have failed on the research part.

Barnes has a pretty high attrition rate, so there are a lot of guys that don't get the message obviously.

VN Store

Back